What I'm watching

Talk about a specific anime series or genre that you enjoy.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Re: What I'm watching

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:23 am

The ending song to Seiyuu life is probably my favorite ending song this season (actually it is pretty lucky if I listen to any of them. I see them as interruptions to watching the next episode), but I actually like this ed song from Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai (A boring world where the concept of dirty jokes doesn't exist)

That song sounds familiar to Nyaruko though...

The dance makes me think of the Angler fish dance from Girls und Panzer
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:06 pm

The guest seiyuu this week on seiyuu life was Yukari Tamura (Nanoha, Part time warrior, and Nui in Kill LA Kill). They had their first episode of the radio show, and played the op of Cube×Cursed×Curious in the ending theme. This show is fun to watch, and I love the interactions between the three voice actresses
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:38 pm

Not sure who put this together, but I see a few titles on here that I haven't seen. Will have to check into them (not sure why they included Cat Soup though, since that is a one episode OVA).
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:03 am

There are so many random scenes in Nichijou, but this is probably my favorite
Spoiler: show
[spoiler]Mio is a manga artist, and for whatever reason created a doujinshi starring a couple of her classmates. She doesn't want others to see it obviously
[/spoiler]
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:09 am

That was darned funny. What's the full name of the show?
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:41 am

Nichijou or My Ordinary Life (not be confused with the Ordinary Life of High School Boys Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou). It aired on CR, but is no longer there, and Bandai was going to release it on DVD before going belly up
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:14 pm

Last couple of episodes of Gate have been pretty good. Ep 6 had a very obvious reference to Apocalypse Now and episode 7 had a Bunny Girl, Medusa hair, and cat girl maids

My favorite character is Rory the emmisary of Emroy (God of death, war, crime and madness)
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:46 am

I'm enjoying the heck out of Gate; it just goes to show what fun a fluffy show can be when they've thought about it a little. Some humor, some politics, some fighting, some magic, a little drama.

I have to exactly disagree about Rory; she's my least favorite character. But I'll be honest; all three of the Special Area allied girls are fetish bait (shoot, most of the female characters), and she simply has no features that make my heart go doki doki except maybe her eyes. (I'm a Kuribayashi guy, myself.) It was fun to watch Rory and Kuribayashi bond, though.

Unless the story goes way south, and I don't anticipate that, this is a buyer.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:42 am

Shino was pretty funny going all Rambo during the fight at Italica. I also like the mage girl, she seems pretty interesting. I don't really care for the elf girl, other then her character design she seems kind of bland to me. Princess Pina Co Lada may have one of the silliest names ever given a character. She even has her own theme song :lol:
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:52 pm

I read the original light novel author is a fairly far-right militarist, but that was toned way down for the anime. Japan is still Japan, regardless of your politics; you'll try to get along, at least if you want them to make an anime of your work. (But the JSDF are still the good guys, not that meddlesome Japanese government. And certainly not the U.S. government.)

Apparently the manga is also rather rougher than the anime. I've only seen a few panels, but I like the character design from the anime a lot better.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:13 pm

Finally got around to downloading Paranoia Agent. It's somewhat trippy, I can see elements from Paprika and Perfect Blue with multiple personalities kind of like the Doctor, and Paprika. And it feels like there is a constant dark undertone like Perfect Blue. I have only seen the first three episodes so far, but I like it.
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby Tsunami3k » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:14 pm

I'm overdue for a rewatch. IIRC, "Happy Family Planning" was quite a gem.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:13 pm

Finished episode six. That cop is an all around dirt bag
hiring prostitutes and wanting them to call him daddy, while all the while he has been taking hidden camera pics of his daughter. That and he is apparently protecting some dudes running the prostitution ring, and then gets blackmailed and starts robbing people to pay off the dudes he has been getting paid off before
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:12 pm

Tsunami3k wrote:I'm overdue for a rewatch. IIRC, "Happy Family Planning" was quite a gem.

Just watched it, first I was like :D then I was :| and by the end :shock: :?
were they dead all along, and that was why the girls freaked out at the picture?
*edit*
So I read some dicussion about that episode on MAL, and most seem to agree that they died around the time when the construction machine destroyed the building. The main clue people point it as that after that scene, they no longer had any shadows
Before crane you can kind of see a shadow behind her
Right after, no shadow
Same thing at the train station
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby Tsunami3k » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:29 pm

Yeah, it's dark but cleverly told. My take on it was that they were dead all along. In hindsight it's why the guy is perpetually on his last pill and the other hints like that. Apparently they succeeded at some point and have become a loosely joined suicide pact family or sorts in the afterlife.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Discussions