What I'm watching

Talk about a specific anime series or genre that you enjoy.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Re: What I'm watching

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:35 pm

Not sure uf you are referring to
Spoiler: show
the implied rape of Rose or Should Tucker fusing his daughter with her dog
both were pretty grim. I guess the former is probably the only one glossed over. The theme of Arslan kind of reminded me of Guin Saga. There will probably tragedy sooner then latter after the your father will rule for a long time death flag in ep 1 lol

Watched the new Kyoto Animations Hibiki! Euphorium. The first episode was fine, but nothing about the show really jumped out at me that said you must watch me. Kind of reminded me of Tamako Market, which was also KyoAni, and not very exciting, but nothing really wrong with the show. This show is about concert band. If you were a band geek in high school maybe it will be more exciting. I knew and hung out with band people in high school, but I guess that is not enough to thrill me about a band anime. I did enjoy Nodame Cantabile, but that was more orchestral. I guess I am writing a lot about a show that is not that interesting, even though there is not much to say about the show itself
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:19 pm

No, I was referring to
Spoiler: show
Maes Hughes' abrupt and unexpected murder.

Plainly, we're in the midst of a K-On/Love Live! inspired fad for shows about musicians. I also had a look at Tari Tari, but wasn't hugely inspired.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:28 pm

Tari Tari was a decent show. It does start pretty slow. If you watched True Tears, you might have recognized the song the choir was singing.

Triage X- BOOBS! GUNS! EXPLOSIONS! MORE BOOBS! BIGGER EXPLOSIONS! YET MORE BOOBS!!!
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:09 am

ZeroRyoko1974 wrote:Tari Tari was a decent show. It does start pretty slow.

Okay, I won't give up on it yet.

Triage X- BOOBS! GUNS! EXPLOSIONS! MORE BOOBS! BIGGER EXPLOSIONS! YET MORE BOOBS!!!

So, no down side, right?
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:35 am

If you liked trashy 90's OVA's you will love Triage X. It even looks like it was animated in the 90's. :lol:

Watched Rin-Ne, Rumiko Takahashi's newest magical boyfriend anime. This time he is a substitute Shinigami name Ichigo Rinne Rokudo. The running gag, instead of sit, is that all his Shinigami tools require money, and he is really broke for some reason. He has a magical cloak thata makes him invisible to normal humans, but Sakura can see spirits, so she notices him one day, and gets involved with helping him send spirits on to the other side. It wasn't a bad first episode, Sakura never yelled at Rinne, or tried to hit him with a giant mallet, or told him to sit.

Etotama- The latest in anthromorphised characters, this time, it uses the Chinese zodiac. The main character has just moved into his new apartment, and there is a hole in the floor to the world of the Gods. Nya-tan the catgirl shows up. And she is in training to try and become a member of the zodiac. She has to defeat the other zodiac members before she be a member. When they fight, they turn into chibi versions of themselves. She can only fight if she gets something called SOL/LULL from a human, and it turns out (to nobodies surprise), that the MC has super special LULZ. The characters are cute, makes me want to watch Fruits Basket again. Maybe just skip the rest of the show, and do that instead

Urawa no Usagi-chan is a short (3min/ep) story about 8 junior high girls who are representative of wards in Saitama city in Saitama Prefecture in the Tokyo area. It took me longer to write this, then watch it lol
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby Tsunami3k » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:49 am

ZeroRyoko1974 wrote:...Shinigami name Ichigo Rinne Rokudo....

Were you deliberately going for a Bleach tie-in or did you mean Inuyasha?
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:44 pm

Bleach since he is an orange haired shinigami
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:08 pm

Did the creators of punchline make up a game of anime mad libs to create the show? We got a main character who goes ssj if he sees panties. If he sees them again while ssj an anstroid will hit the earth destroying everyone. He has a (sorta) magical girl vigilante neighbor whose theme seems to be orange juice, he is a displaced spirit trying to get his body back, he has a talking cat spirit mentor, can rewind time, and there is an evil organization bent on world domination.
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:39 pm

Picked up another spring show. Yamada-kuns first bodyswap with trinity seven puella magicas. It was a fun first episode. I don't know yet how they are going to fit witches into what seems to be a harem with magical body swapping kisses
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:52 pm

I have to winder about Studio Trigger. Kill LA Kill and Little Witch Academia were both great shows. Supernatural Battles was fun, but storywise a disappointment. Then they followed up by what I consider an unfunny joke in Inferno Cop. The trailer for Ninja Slayer from animation looked cool, and I thought tht inferno cop was just a one time thing

What we got was a bait and Switch, and the actual show is basically Inferno Cop 2. You would think they would have more then a couple of shows to start putting out "experimental" anime.

My Love Story is a nice Shoujo romance. The main character Gouda (I like to call him mongo) and his pretty boy friend Sunakawa save a girl from a chikan, and the girl falls in love with Mongo. To bad Mongo is a male anime character which makes him as dumb as rocks when it comes to love. So he keeps trying to set him up with Sunakawa, because he has turned away Evey other girl that has confessed love to him

Mikagura School Suite is an interesting take on the school battle genre. The main character is a new transfer student, and quickly learns that everything is decided by inter club battles. Everything from what food your fed to where you sleep depends on your clubs ranking. Of course the main character has a hidden power, and unlocks it in her first battle.

Blood Blockade Battlefront takes place in anew York that is cut off from the rest of the world and is cohabitated by monsters and humans. The main character was given special eyes to save his sister who is bound to a wheelchair. Not sure yet what he is supposed to do with these new eyes to help his sister. Maybe he should consider a children's collectible card game, or playing some sport

Also rewatched the Madoka Rebellion movie. Its a great film, but I have to wonder exactly how Nomura gained the power to strip Madoka of her Godhood. I almost don't think the movies were necessary, that the series ending was fine
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:51 pm

Punch (Pantsu?) line continues to be a show that makes just enough sense to keep watching, but not enough to really understand what is going on. I really like the character designs, and it seems well animated. Doesn't to me, fit in with the noitamina block, which has featured shows such as Honey and Clover, Nodame Cantabile, Tokyo Magnitude 8, and Eden of the East which are all really excellent shows. Punchline just feel like it is just there to have reason for lots of panty shots

Been watching Hellsing Ultimate, and I really liked it. One thing that bothers me about it, as well as the manga is the constant goofy scenes usually involving Sera's Victoria (funny story, I once took a picture of a young cosplayer dressed as her, and it was pointed out after I posted it, that it was a boy crosplaying as Sera's). Always felt so out of place with the otherwise serious show. I guess its not all that out of the ordinary, seems like you can't have a serious, violent, fantasy type show without some kind of comic relief. Every vampire doesn't need a comic sidekick while dismembering soldiers
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Mon May 04, 2015 6:55 am

7 Witches ep 4 was interesting, it seems that Yamada's power has changed now to getting people to become completely infatuated with him. He got it after kissing the evil student council chick

F/SN was a great episode. Archer is so bad ass. Lancer is way stronger in this series then in the original series. Without Caster using magic haxx, teacher dude was easily defeated by Archer.

Plastic Memories- Having an android that can suddenly go beserk and get hulk strength just because they pass their expiration date seems like a liability lawsuit waiting to happen. Why would you even design an android with that kind of malfunction?

Assassins Classroom- I am not sure why the Principal seems to insist that the current members of E Class have to remain in E Class. If there is no change to get out of E Class, what keeps the other students from caring about their grades? You would think that he would be happy that E Class grades were going up. Whoever has worse grades then them should just become the new E class.

Blood Blockade Front continues to not really have any central story, but at least us fun to watch

DanMachi ep 5 didn't have as much Hestia as I would have liked. This universe must not have PvP or PK'ing and Bell is a complete dummy or he should know something is up with his supporter.
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Thu May 07, 2015 9:34 pm

If you need someone to make a bad ass speech (or epically weird), you want Norio Wakamoto (The King in Code Grass, Father Anderson in Hellsing, Chiyo-chans dad :lol: ).

ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Wed May 13, 2015 6:41 am

Finished the first season of Nisekoi. It wasn't a bad harem show, wasn't the best. Gave it a 7, it was good but not great. My favorite couples
Ruri x Shuu (Ruri is best girl in the entire show)
Raku x Onodera (why do I always seem to favor the girl that will never win?)
Tsugumi x Chitoge :lol:
Raku x Tachibana (at least if he marries her, her dad can help against the Italian Mafia. But damn if she aint a little crazy, and a closet yandere)
Raku x Chitoge (if she ever gets over here tsundere phase, she might make a decent girl)
Raku x Tsugumi (hardly worth mentioning, other then she is hot, and she kinda likes Raku)
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Wed May 13, 2015 8:13 am

I think Ruri x Shuu someday is canon.

I don't think Tsugumi is a good match for Raku, but she's the most entertaining of the candidates.

I could live with Tsugumi x Chitoge, but I think I prefer Tsugumi x Paula, who you don't know yet.

And while I'll admit that most of the signs point to Chitoge, I'm not giving up hope for Onodera. I really don't like crazy stalker characters like Tachibana.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Discussions