Winter 2015 New anime

Talk about a specific anime series or genre that you enjoy.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Winter 2015 New anime

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:22 am

http://anichart.net/winter
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... pcoming/tv
http://animenation.net/forums/showthread.php?t=252880
CR has announced the following:

1/1 - Yurikuma Arashi
1/1 - Kamisama Hajimemashita
1/2 - Magic Kaito 1412
1/2 - Absolute Duo
1/3 - KanColle
1/3 - ALDNOAH.ZERO Season 2
1/5 - Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE!
1/5 - The Testament of Sister New Devil
1/5 - SHONEN HOLLYWOOD -HOLLY STAGE FOR 50-
1/5 - Samurai Warriors
1/6 - Military!
1/6 - Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend
1/7 - Unlimited Fafnir
1/7 - JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - Battle in Egypt
1/7 - DURARARA!! English Dub
1/8 - Fafner Exodus
1/8 - Gourmet Girl Graffiti
1/8 - The Guide - Five Stars in Kyoto
1/9 - World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman
1/9 - Why Can't Seiya Toudoin (Age 16) Get a Girlfriend?
1/9 - DURARARA X 2
1/9 - Dog Days - Season 3
1/12 - ISUCA
1/12 - Golden Boy
1/13 - Destroy all Monsters
1/13 - Mononoke
1/14 - Zatch Bell!!
1/15 - Horror News
1/16 - GTO - The Animation
1/16 - Kuroko's Basketball
1/19 - Saint Seiya: Sanctuary

Funimation:

Fairy Tail (2014)
GARO THE ANIMATION
One Piece
Yona of the Dawn

New Winter Simulcasts (One week delay for non-EVS members)

Absolute Duo
Assassination Classroom
Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE!
Death Parade
Kamisama Kiss Season 2
Maria the Virgin Witch
Rolling Girls, The
Samurai Warriors
Shonen Hollywood -Holly Stage for 50-
Tokyo Ghoul √A (Season 2)
World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman!
Yatterman Night
Yurikuma Arashi
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Re: Winter 2015 New anime

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:53 am

Maria the Virgin Witch- A cute witch lives in the forest interrupting local battles because she hates war. She runs afoul of heaven by disrupting what they consider the order of the world. St Michael the archangel issues an edict that when she loses her virginity she will lose her witch powers (wow, wouldn't that have made Madoka weird). A nice fantasy title, well animated by IG, and pretty likable characters.

Assassination Classroom- An octopus monster (alien? friend of Ika?) destroys most of the moon, and says he will do the same to the earth. But before that, he declares he is going to be a school teacher for a classroom of under achievers. If any of them can assassinate him during that year, he will not destroy the earth. Oh, and he can fly around at Mach 20, so he is kind of hard to hit. The teacher is voiced by Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch, Watanuki, Kraft Lawrence)

DURARARA X 2- if you watched the first, you are probably already watching this. More of the same, which is good.

The Testament of Sister New Devil- Kids father has remaried, and he know has two hot step sisters It turns out though, that one is a demon and the other a succubus. This is ok of course, because him and his father used to be holy warriors. Hilarity and fanservice ensues.

KanColle- like strike witches with boats and no pantsu fanservice

Saekano (not to be confused with Saikano)- A harem anime about an Otaku who wants to create the ultimate dating sim. The members of his harem, err production group are all super hot girls, who are secretly light novel authors, doujin authors, musicians, and a normal girl.

Gourmet Girl Graffiti- A girl lives alone and likes to cook, but lately it hasn't been as good. A 2nd couisin starts spending the wekeends there to go to the same cram school, and she discovers that the secret to cooking is cooking for others. A nice light hearted slice of life drama. Cute girls eating food and stuff.

Military- Uhhh, maybe if you like kill me baby, you will like this. I didn't care for either show.

World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman- Uses the only one dude in the world can do something that previously only girls could do like Infinite Stratos. replace mechs with magic, and there you go. Pretty similar to the recent Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance which used the same formula.
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:15 am

I watched the first episode of Gourmet Girl Graffiti this morning on Crunchyroll. I enjoyed it; I can handle cute for cute's sake, and I liked the way it made fun of itself a time or two - "When you eat like that, it's kind of sexy".

But I'm not sure I could deal with an entire season's worth of it, at least without breaks.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:34 am

Watched the first two episodes of Rolling Girls, it is a very fun show. Almost seems like a spoof on shounen battle anime. I really think its kind of funny when they display their powers its very bright and colorful flashes of light and all the regular people go blown away. Motorcycles seem to be a very central theme in the show as well.

Last edited by ZeroRyoko1974 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:13 am

Yurikuma Arashi- Well, it is kind of like Attack on Titan, with bears instead of titans. And there is yuri bears... Stylistically, it kind of reminds me of Utena at times (makes sense, since it is the same director as Utena and Penguindrum). Only seen one episode so far, but very weird show
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:09 pm

Yatterman Nights is a sequal to the 70's anime of the same name. Only they are the descendants of those characters, and the good and bad guys have switched sides
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Return to Anime Discussions