Summer 2014 New Anime

Talk about a specific anime series or genre that you enjoy.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Summer 2014 New Anime

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:32 am

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/preview ... mer/.76162
http://anichart.net/summer
http://randomc.net/2014/06/18/summer-2014-preview/
http://randomc.net/2014/06/18/summer-2014-preview/
http://www.crunchyroll.com/videos/anime ... ummer-2014
The summer season has started, here is what I have seen so far

Akame ga Kill- some good bloody action here. The main character sets out from his village to go to the imperial city to get famous and make money to help the village. He slays dragons on the way, and eventually joins a secret group of thieves called the Assasains. Has a dark atmosphere at times, and I really liked the first episode. If it keeps up the level of uncensored violence it will be a keeper

Rail Wars- A fanservice show about JR employees in training. And there are trains to. I wasn't especially empressed by the first episode, but it is a pretty hyped show this season.

Momo Kyun Sword- ever heard that story about the old couple who find a giant peach and a boy is inside, sent by the gods? Well this is the boob service magical girl version of that. Momoko was born from the peach and grew up to have a giant set of peaches of her own:lol: and she fights Oni, and has a Dog, Monkey, and Pheasent as friends (why is nobody ever bothered by talking animals in anime?)

Blue Spring Ride- Is blue the most popular color in anime titles? This nice little Shoujo story about a girl who had a boy she liked in middle school, and he transfers to another school, and then she meets him again in HS. Love ensues.

Sword Art Online II- First couple of episodes, it feels more like the first half of the first season, and not the 2nd half psuedo incenst version.

HaNaYaMaTa- An idol anime, with a Yosakoi theme. Very bright colors, ANN reviewers referred to it as "bloom"

Sabagebu- Anime about a girls high school (seems to be a lot of those in anime) that has a "survival" club that likes to have battles with airsoft guns. Kind of like the Stella C^3 show from a year or so ago.

Magimojo Rumuro- A boy summns a magica wtch who gran wishes. Circumstances ensue and he ends up with a coupon book that allows him to use the witches powers, but at a cost....

Encouragment of Climb 2- sequal to the cute show about a group of young girls into mountain climbing.

Sailor Moon Crystal- if you like Sailor Moon you are already waching.

Aldnoah Zero- yawn, seems like this is just a Gundam clone. School age kids piloting mecha to combat the forces of the people of Mars, blah blah blah.

Samurai Jam - Bakumatsu Rock- Edo era anime, and the Shinsengumi body guards are an idol singing group of men. Music is outlawed throughout the land, except for the govt sponsored idols. A man and his guitar show up, and a battle ensues, magical boy transformation and rocking out ensue...

INVADERS of the ROKUJYOMA!?- Ok, it's a harem anime consisting of an Alien (kind of like Nanoha, or Infinite Stratos); a cosplayer, I mean magical girl; the gost of Haruna (Is this a Zombie); and subsurface dweller with big boobs. They all do battle for the heart of the main character...actually they just want his apartment for various reasons. They don't actually want him, just his apartment, hahaha thats the twist. Oh, and he also has a couple more harem members on the side. His classmate/landlady, and the president of the kniting club
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Re: Summer 2014 New Anime

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:24 pm

It looks like Funimation has gone for quality this season, with the two best shows that I have seen yet. Tokyo ESP, and Zankyou no Terror (Terror in Resonance)

Tokyo ESP- A group of evil mutants espers have declared war on humans, and it is up to the X-Men not evil espers to protect the people. Pretty cool first episode. Someone (read, not Magneto) steals a stadium the Parlimant building and has taken the politicians hostage while floating it around Washington Tokyo. The police and JSDF seem powerless to stop them. All the people are calling for someone called the White Girl to save them.

Zankyou no Terror- Shinichiro Watanabe+Yoko Kanmo *drops the mic and walks away. Stage explodes*
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby Tsunami3k » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:10 am

ZeroRyoko1974 wrote:Zankyou no Terror- Shinichiro Watanabe+Yoko Kanmo *drops the mic and walks away. Stage explodes*

Yep. Take my money Japan!*
*As long as it's not Aniplex.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:29 am

Tsunami3k wrote:
ZeroRyoko1974 wrote:Zankyou no Terror- Shinichiro Watanabe+Yoko Kanmo *drops the mic and walks away. Stage explodes*

Yep. Take my money Japan!*
*As long as it's not Aniplex.

Well, since it is Funimation, I don't think that Aniplex has any involvment
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Return to Anime Discussions