Your anime alphabet

Talk about a specific anime series or genre that you enjoy.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Re: Your anime alphabet

Postby Kokon Tozai » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Yatta Josh!
Good to hear from you. I've missed both your posts & seeing you in a while. Sometimes life intrudes & one must pay attention to other things. Working so hard things will eventually come to your advantage & you will hopefully have more time & $$ to enjoy fun stuff.

really looking forward to seeing you at J Fest!
To watch Anime is life. All else is merely waiting.
User avatar
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:10 pm
Location: North East JoCo

Re: Your anime alphabet

Postby MollyMiri » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:27 pm

Arakawa Under the Bridge
BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad
The Cat Returns
Danganronpa
Eiken (why TT_TT)
FLCL
GaoGaiGar
Hetalia
Ikkitousen (@_@)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Kiki's Delivery Service
Lagann (Gurren Lagann)
Madoka (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
Nana
The Big O
Paranoia Agent
Queen's Blade
Rurouni Kenshin
Spirited Away
Texhnolyze
Uzumaki (Manga technically)
Vividred Operations
Whispers of the Heart
Xxxholic
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Zoku, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Well, that's something of a depressing list. I haven't even seen a good half of those.
MyAnimeList, for those who are interested:
http://myanimelist.net/profile/MollyMiri
MollyMiri
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:11 pm

Re: Your anime alphabet

Postby Tsunami3k » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:35 pm

Nice list MollyMiri! Your choices make it look like you've been into anime for some time; definitely some classics [like Eiken..j/k] in there. I'd really like it it someone licensed that last one but I wonder if the crux of the story is too scary for any would be licensors.
User avatar
Tsunami3k
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:24 pm
Location: OP, KS

Re: Your anime alphabet

Postby MollyMiri » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:00 pm

Tsunami3k wrote:Nice list MollyMiri! Your choices make it look like you've been into anime for some time; definitely some classics [like Eiken..j/k] in there. I'd really like it it someone licensed that last one but I wonder if the crux of the story is too scary for any would be licensors.


Thanks! Though to be honest, I've only really started getting into anime within the last year and a half. The fact that Eiken popped into my brain over something like respectable like Evangelion or Time of Eve hurts my soul a bit ;-;

As much as I've really been enjoying Zetsubou Sensei so far, I do have to admit, it is pretty seeped in Japanese culture and language, so I'm not sure if it'd ever get picked up by a licensor. Though despair is ultimately a universal feeling, so maybe someday, haha.
MyAnimeList, for those who are interested:
http://myanimelist.net/profile/MollyMiri
MollyMiri
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:11 pm

Re: Your anime alphabet

Postby bakamatt » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:55 pm

MollyMiri wrote:Eiken


I was totally going to give you hell for picking Eiken instead of Eva or Escaflowne, but you've already give yourself hell for it, so I won't have to. :)
User avatar
bakamatt
Anime Baron
 
Posts: 4403
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:01 pm

Re: Your anime alphabet

Postby MollyMiri » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:56 pm

I can tell I'm making a good first impression, haha.
To be fair, I haven't actually watched Eiken, so I feel that should let me off the hook somewhat, haha.
MyAnimeList, for those who are interested:
http://myanimelist.net/profile/MollyMiri
MollyMiri
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:11 pm

Re: Your anime alphabet

Postby Tsunami3k » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:18 pm

MollyMiri wrote:I can tell I'm making a good first impression, haha.

The best kept secret is that Eiken is the perfect icebreaker.
MollyMiri wrote:To be fair, I haven't actually watched Eiken, so I feel that should let me off the hook somewhat, haha.

Don't backpedal now, you've come so far! We need someone bold enough to proudly proclaim their fandom for it so that Matt can finally feel comfortable about coming out of the closet about his deep love for the show.
User avatar
Tsunami3k
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:24 pm
Location: OP, KS

Re: Your anime alphabet

Postby MollyMiri » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:32 pm

Tsunami3k wrote:Don't backpedal now, you've come so far! We need someone bold enough to proudly proclaim their fandom for it so that Matt can finally feel comfortable about coming out of the closet about his deep love for the show.

Haha, I'm afraid you'll have to look elsewhere then. I became aware of the phenomenon and that was more than enough for me; no need to go exposing myself to it.

Interestingly enough, I counted, and I've only seen a little less than half the shows I put on my list. Did anyone else have this experience?
MyAnimeList, for those who are interested:
http://myanimelist.net/profile/MollyMiri
MollyMiri
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:11 pm

Re: Your anime alphabet

Postby Tsunami3k » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:36 pm

I count four that I still haven't seen.
User avatar
Tsunami3k
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:24 pm
Location: OP, KS

Re: Your anime alphabet

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:00 pm

MollyMiri wrote:
Tsunami3k wrote:Don't backpedal now, you've come so far! We need someone bold enough to proudly proclaim their fandom for it so that Matt can finally feel comfortable about coming out of the closet about his deep love for the show.

Haha, I'm afraid you'll have to look elsewhere then. I became aware of the phenomenon and that was more than enough for me; no need to go exposing myself to it.

Interestingly enough, I counted, and I've only seen a little less than half the shows I put on my list. Did anyone else have this experience?

No, i have seen all the shows in my list, and completed all but a few
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
User avatar
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron
 
Posts: 7024
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:19 am
Location: Waldo

Re: Your anime alphabet

Postby TectonicMuse » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:46 pm

14 of those shows I have never seen any of, and I have only finished 9.
User avatar
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:15 am
Location: Jackson

Re: Your anime alphabet

Postby Tsunami3k » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:54 pm

TectonicMuse wrote:14 of those shows I have never seen any of, and I have only finished 9.

Well, at least you've got Cat Soup...ooh but wait...you didn't put it on or list! For shame...
User avatar
Tsunami3k
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:24 pm
Location: OP, KS

Re: Your anime alphabet

Postby TectonicMuse » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:00 pm

Actually, I'm surprised I didn't put bebop there! I just watched claymore again recently so that's almost certainly a big part of it.
User avatar
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:15 am
Location: Jackson

Re: Your anime alphabet

Postby Tsunami3k » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:04 pm

TectonicMuse wrote:Actually, I'm surprised I didn't put bebop there! I just watched claymore again recently so that's almost certainly a big part of it.

Hehe, your avatar says it all. ;D
User avatar
Tsunami3k
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:24 pm
Location: OP, KS

Re: Your anime alphabet

Postby TectonicMuse » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:08 pm

Tsunami3k wrote:Hehe, your avatar says it all. ;D


My life in a nutshell. -_-;
User avatar
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:15 am
Location: Jackson

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest