What I'm watching

Talk about a specific anime series or genre that you enjoy.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Re: What I'm watching

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:43 am

Latest Magu Bride was a christmas episode, and we get some back story on the sorcerer's sidekick. Picked up another show, Hakumei and Mikochi, which is about two mini girls who live in the forest. Kind of a slice of life, with fantasy and adventure elements. First episode was cute. I liked when they were riding on the back of the stag beetles, and on the bird. My only problem is that everything seems to be in miniature except the animals. Like there is nothing to tie it back into the normal sized world.

Current Shows

Darling in the EvaXXX 3/3
Magus Bride 16/16
March Comes in like a Lion 15/15
Mitsuboshi Colors 3/3
Overlord 2 3/3
Record of Grancrest War 4/4
The Ryou's work is never done 3/3
Laid back camp 4/4
Todays menu for Emiya's family 1/1 (one 12 min episode per month)
Dagashi Kashi S2 3/3
Citrus 4/4
CCS 4/4
A place farther then the universe 4/4

Behind

Pop Team Epic 3/4
Kokkoku 1/4
Violet Evergarden 2/3
Love is like after the rain 2/3
Hakumei and Mikochi 1/3

Dropped

Beatless (ep 1)
Junjou Itou Collection (ep 2)
School Babysitters (ep 1)
Ms. Koizumi has a stalker loves ramen (ep 1)
Katana Maidens (ep 1)

Waiting for subs

Fate/Extra
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlineImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:07 am

Ancient Magus Bride concluded it's Christmas mini arc with the distribution of the presents, and then a game of hide and seek thanks to Jouji Nakata (Alucard, Koutimine Kirei ,Nyanta) mage dude. Chise also added a bear to her shapeshifting repertoire.

Darling in GainaXXX Ep 4 Flip Flap Flap, more monsters attack, they don't want to let Lucy pilot with her darling, but Lucy whips some ass (Diclonius are strong) and steals back her mecha. Seele recognizes that Simoun has high spiral power compatibility with Lucy and will probably have to let him pilot the Cybody. Whoever wrote the script for this show has played more then their share of ero games, or watched hentai, especially episode 4.

Dagashi Kashi ep 4 had a nice little bit of romantic development, which was nice.

Overlord 2 Momonga decides to rule over the lizard men instead of destroy them. We also get one of the out of funniest out of nowhere lines from the lizard girl
Spoiler: show
"impregnate me"
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:16 am

ZeroRyoko1974 wrote:Ancient Magus Bride concluded it's Christmas mini arc with the distribution of the presents, and then a game of hide and seek thanks to Jouji Nakata (Alucard, Koutimine Kirei ,Nyanta) mage dude. Chise also added a bear to her shapeshifting repertoire.

One of the best episodes, we both thought.

Darling in GainaXXX Ep 4 Flip Flap Flap, more monsters attack, they don't want to let Lucy pilot with her darling, but Lucy whips some ass (Diclonius are strong) and steals back her mecha. Seele recognizes that Simoun has high spiral power compatibility with Lucy and will probably have to let him pilot the Cybody. Whoever wrote the script for this show has played more then their share of ero games, or watched hentai, especially episode 4.

All of that, but they're somehow still instilling enough confidence in me to stick with it. And we have our answer regarding 02's piloting position.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:01 am

Magus Bride, Elias continues to be creepy. This time he gets upset over the girl from the previous episode coming to visit Chise, and turns into a kind of weird half fish monster and then trying to eat Chise.

Violet Evergarden continued to be pretty. Looks like next episode, Violet meets someone who is clearly not a fan of her past

Pop Team Epic continues to be strange and random. Ep 5 they made a reference to the nice boat meme from School Days.

Darling in the all beef FranXX Hiro is sick from some kind of parasite because of Lucy, but still wants to pilot. They are preparing for a large battle with another group. It's also hinted that the Eva pilots dont make it to adulthood. Naruto continues to be loud and annoying, and now the guy who tried piloting with Lucy before is developing Asuka why is stupid shinji a better eva pilot then me syndrome.

Overlord 2 Moe moe lizard sex lol. Shalltear is "punished" and the battle between the Lizard Chiefs and Cocytus is very one sided as has every other battle involving Momonga or his group.

Kokkoku continues to be a pretty cool scifi show. Studio Geno first tv series has been pretty great. I like how if you try to murder someone who is time frozen, monsters come and kill you
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby Adrick » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:25 pm

Today is my day off and I watched Spriggan and the entire Angel Cop series on YouTube. I also watched Ninja Scroll this afternoon. It is a relief to watch the old anime. I really like to know what I am getting. Time is so limiting. Although, I did watch Castlevania on Netflix. It is an old style vampire movie. You cannot go wrong with a standard horror flick! I watched a little Southpark as well on Hulu. I got to finish season twenty one. I need to catch up on season seven of the Walking Dead. My Direct TV is going to waste! By the way, I saw Pop Team on Crunchyroll and I really have to wonder why anyone would make an anime out of a four panel manga? It was was really random, funny, and stupid. It reminds me of ADVs show colorful, sadly no longer in print.
Adrick
Anime Enthusiast

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:12 pm

An interesting thought I read on seomeone elses blog on FranXX and really, could apply to a lot of anime that rely on some sort of pairing or emotional development of the character

The narrative construction of Darling in the Franxx episode 2 reveals the major flaw in the show's construction. Pairs of kids piloting the robots requires a near Aquarion-level of emotional compatibility, yet the pilots don't know anything about the complexity of emotion, and their adult instructors don't teach them. Narratively the omission allows for a great deal of cinematic drama and characterization, but none of it makes basic sense because the concept is parallel to the idea of needing a bodyguard, giving the bodyguard a weapon but not telling the bodyguard how the weapon works. The situation is just counterproductive and defies logical common sense.
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:09 pm

You could construe is as compassion of the part of the adults. If using child soldiers is the only way for your people to survive you might choose to do it, but you might also see rendering them emotionally null as the kindest thing you can do for them under the circumstances. The choice to be inefficient may have been deliberate. I'm not at all saying I think that's the case, but I can't rule it out.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby Adrick » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:10 pm

One of the best anime I have seen regarding emotional development of characters is Revolutionary Girl Utena series. The entire series appears to be built around the emotional state of the characters and their mental states. I think this is due to the maturity of the writers and producers of the show that is was transmitted to the audience through the characters and a lot of visually pleasing aesthetic use of symbolism. As emotion gives value to our actions, the show makes emotion a powerful force in objective reality. The characters would often duel and the highest emotional charged characters win the most often. Utena may be might most favored anime.
Adrick
Anime Enthusiast

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:50 pm

:roll: :roll:
Hey, get your own watch thread j/k
Pop Team Epic picks some odd things at times to parody. Episode 6 had the two main characters playing Shogi but the blue haired girl was a ghost and dressed as Sai from Hikaru no Go. The matches against the "big 4" Shogi players includes Haihashi from the Tekken fighting games and then turned into a stand battle with a computer ai finishing up with a "Kimi no no wa" Kamehameha attack
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:34 am

Violet Evergarden ep 7 Violet helps a playwright transcribe his newest play. In the process she helps him
come to terms with the death of his child
but even more emotional then that
Violet finds out that the Major is dead (probably). She doesn't take it well, refusing to accept it, since officially he is MIA
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Previous

Return to Anime Discussions