What I'm watching

Talk about a specific anime series or genre that you enjoy.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Re: What I'm watching

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:38 am

Last couple of fall shows, Kotohana Kitan (about a hot springs inn run by fox girls) was nice. The main character actually inadvertently was responsible for the creation of the Inn. It was a nice watch overall, with some heart warming moments. Also finished Welcome to the giraffe people, I mean Welcome to the ballroom. This was a pretty good shounen sports style competition, with some great character development. I liked, although, I imagine it a bit far fetched after less then a year competing that the main character would win a major tournament.

Started my first winter show, a Fate series cooking spinoff Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan. First episode was cute (love the theme song) and the kotatsu scene lol.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlineImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:02 pm

Watching Op of various 2017 shows to make my top 10 op of 2017. My list currently:

"Peace Sign" by Kenshi Yonezu - Boku no Hero Academia S2
"EMG" by JAM Project garo
My Hero Academia opening 3, Sora ni utaeba
Gamers op
Eromanga Sensei Opening - Hitorigoto
Tommorow by Machiko Konosuba
Aozora no Rhapsody by fhana Dragon Maid
Zenryoku☆Summer! Aho Girl
Bon Appétit♡S Blends
Ugoku, Ugoku Girls Last Tour
Fake Town Baby BBB & B
Invisible Sensation by Unison Square Garden - Ballroom e Youkoso OP 2
One In A Billion - Wake Up, May'n! Restraunt to another world
Deep in Abyss- Made in Abyss
SHINZOU WO SASAGEYO Titan S2
Eiyu Unmei no Uta - Fate/Apocrypha OP1
"My Hero" by MAN WITH A MISSION - Inuyashiki
"Floria" by Tomohisa Sakō from Natsume Yuujinchou Roku
Climbers High Fuuka
"Morning Glory" by (K)NoW_NAME - Sakura Quest
Shout by Sawano- Re: Creators
Gravity Walls- Re: Creators
"Kyoumen no Nami" by YURiKA - Houseki no Kuni
Youkoso Japari Park e - Kemono Friends
10% roll, 10% romance by Unison Square Garden - Ballroom e Youkoso OP 1
Deal With The Devil by Tia Kakegurui
STEP by STEP UP↑↑↑↑ New Game!!
"GO" by BUMP OF CHICKEN from Granblue Fantasy The Animation
"Here" by JUNNA - The Ancient Magus' Bride
MYTH & ROID - JINGO JUNGLE Tanya the Evil
Eiyu Unmei no Uta - Fate/Apocrypha OP1
"The other side of the wall"- Princess Principal
Aikotoba- Animegatari's Op by GARNiDELiA
Recovery of an MMO Junkie OP - Saturday Night Question by Megumi Nakajima
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:26 am

I've already pulled Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and Sakura Quest into my regular play list. I tried to find Recovery of an MMO Junkie, but couldn't find a full-length version. I'll have to check out some of the others.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:07 pm

The music video for the Dragon Maid op song is great
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:26 am

10. Animegataris Aikotoba by GARNiDELiA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeORP0RNFVA This was a really fun show, and a had a catchy op that always got you going in anticipation for the goofiness of this show. 10 was actually harder to decide then 1 on my list. With Made in Abyss, Welcome to the Ballroom op 2, Eccentric Family 2, Macademia (both op), BlendS, and BBB&B all in consideration

9. Girls Last Tour Ugaku Ugaku by Chito (Inori Minase) & Yuuri (Yurika Kubo) I love in character songs, and this was one of my favorite shows in Fall season. Very funny animation to goo with it, such as moon walking and "dabbing" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF5MKNwbRhg
8. Welcome to the Ballroom op 1 10% Roll 10% Romance by Unison Square Garden. These guys keep churning out quality anime songs. They did both op to Welcome to the Ballroom, the op to BBB & Beyond, BBB ed last year, http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5swh08

7. Kakegurui Deal With The Devil by Tia https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5sarwi A jazzy number, and some pretty cool visuals. Very catchy.

6. Re: Creators op 2 sh0ut" by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Tielle & Gemie https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5ue0o1 Some might say having more then one op from a show is cheating, but Re:Creators had two of the best openings of the year, so I see no reason to not include the 2nd op.

5. Garo Vanishing Line EMG by Jam Project https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_1-pi7Chk0 Great song, with an interesting black and white artsy visual style. Fall had some great op's this year

4. Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid Aozora no Rhapsody by fhana Fun song, cute visuals, and dragons. What's not to love? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A4IlwuuyyI

3. Princess Principle "Other side of the wall" Void.Chars feat MARU https://streamable.com/3ondv Another great song with a cool visual opening (how can you hate steampunk spies in London?).

2. Inuyashiki op My Hero by Man with a Mission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYkitKj-bjo Oh, not that My Hero. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x64bote This was the earworm of the fall that gets stuck in your head and you listen to constantly. This completes an important trilogy of anime op one liners, starting with Livin in the database, Raise your flag, and now hit me on the ground.

1. Re:Creators OP1 GravityWall https://vimeo.com/214113013 I really loved this opening song, and listened to it a lot this year. The opening animation doesn't really have any fancy effects, but it does a nice job at showing all the major characters.
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:52 pm

Citrus- Lesbians and psuedo incest yay

A place further then the universe- Madhouse attempting a kyoani cute girls doing cute series. In this case it's cute girls going to the south pole O_O

Junji Ito collection- creepy voodoo stuff in first episode

Miss Koizumi loves ramen noodles- yes she does. Beyond that, not much

Yuru Camp is cute girls camping. Not a fan of camping, but I liked the first episode.

Record of Grancrest Was is based on a manga by the creator of ROLW. Great fantasy stuff and no annoying Kugimiya Rie mascot
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:29 am

Top 10 best new girls

10 Chiaki desu desu- Gamers
8 Tanya- Tanya the Evil
7 Kana- Dragon Maid
6 Mori Mori- MMO Junkie
5 Chise- Magus Bride
4 Mordred- Fate/Apocrypha
3 Nanachi- Made in Abyss
2 Rindou (aka fang senpai)- Food Wars
1 Chi-chan- Love is like a cocktail

Top 10 Existing Girls

10 Gyokuran- Eccentric Family 2
9 Taki- Natsume
8 Umiko- New Game!!
7 Alice Nikiri- Food Wars
6 Chain- BBB&B
5 Shinobu- Monogatari series
4 Ochako- Macademia
3 Mikasa- Titan 2
2 Megumi Kato- Saekano
1 Megumin- Konosuba 2
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:03 am

I'll go along with Mori Mori, all right, especially after she
Spoiler: show
cuts her hair.

Megumin should be flattered by your consistency. :)
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:33 pm

This scene alone was enough to win me over in S2

If I were keen to make such an award, Chomsuke would win best cat of 2017
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:51 am

Katana Maidens- Killer monsters roam around, and only girls with swords (well except for that one girl who has an additional battle armor flown in) can defeat them (why does only that one girl get special armor, and why does she have to get it flown in, just wear it into battle?). First episode was ok, the girls look ok, and the shrot fight with the monster was ok. It turns into some mini tournament at a training school, and the one girl seems to have a beef with one of the teachers. Seemed to be about someone killing people at her temple or something. This episode didn't feel bad, just really generic.

Babysitters Club- An orphoned boy and his little brother get invited by the principle of a school to come live and go to school there. In exchange, he must slay monsters in a giant robot become a butler befriend a tsundere midget with a bad attitude babysit several children when not in class. It's not as adorable as a Sweetness and Lightning, or Pocos Udon World. Kind of reminds of me Hanamaru Kindergarden (will we get a cute dance like the panda cat dance?)

A Ryou's Work is never done- Champion shogi player takes on a loli apprentice. The girl is somewhat a savant, having learned the game by watching his matches on tv and reading books on shogi. She also is able to solve complex shogi problems in her head, which were, according to the main character very difficult for ever high level masters to solve. Not quite the high drama of March comes in like a lion, but there was some very out of place loli fan service in the first episode.
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:32 pm

Darling in the FranXX ep 1 starts with a giant cargo plane carrying a mysterious "unit" to be used for a "startup test" to some domed city with lots of long escalators. We meet a boy who is "running away" from his problems after failing to sync with his robot. While he is trying to leave the city is attacked by a mysterious monster and the boy has to step in as copilot because the robot can only be operatored by a male/female pair, and the male copilot was "injured" while piloting it. Maybe they should have called this Darling in the EvaXX. Also kind of funny, the main girl has horns and calls the male protagonist "darling"

Beatless ep 1. Ok Amazon Ps4 app, I don't want to watch Beatles movies, i wanted Beatless. Anyway, this is a pretty bland sci-fi story thst seems like it was written by someone who read some Asimov stories and watches GITS and Chibits, and had a cool idea for a fanfic. Android girls who don't have a 'soul's 'feelings' but have incredible AI that makes them like total submissive waifus who can cook and can take care of you, and act like they have feelings. But yours is a special android with super powers thst escaped from a secret govt. Lab. The animation is mostly pretty average looking, except the cgi parts which just look bad. If your bored, and want some sci-fi, and have Amazon Prime (or sail the seven seas, arrrg), and likes the character designs of Guilty Crown (same person) maybe check it out. Personally, I would say skip it, and rewatch something better like Time of Eve, GITS, or even Chobits.
Last edited by ZeroRyoko1974 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:23 am

Mary and the Witches flower is a nice imitation of Ghibli movies. Animation wise, it looks as good as any film out there. It's ok magical story, but I never got the sense of wonder that you get from Ghibli films. I would recommend seeing it, because it is is so beautiful to look at, but don't go expecting Kiki's Delivery Service, or Totoro. It may be closer to newer Ghibli fims like Ponyo or Howl. I liken it more to Little Witch Academia thematically then Ghibli. I personally look forward to more from Studio Ponoc, but I hope they move away from trying to imitate Ghibli films.
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:28 am

Kokkoku ep 1. Jurai lives with her useless NEET brother and father, a sister who is a single mom, her nephew, and her grandfather. One day, her nephew and brother are kidnapped for ransom, and they have to resuce them. That is when her grandfather reveals that they their family has a magical stone that will allow them to stop time for a period of time. They attempt the rescue,but of course, it turns out they are not the only people with this time stop ability, but their family does have a special flash step (short range teleport) that the others don't have. This is the first tv series from Studio Geno, who is made up of employees from the now defunct Studio Manglobe (Ergo Proxy, Samurai Champloo, Deadman Wonderland, World God only knows). Amazon Prime or sail the seven seas.

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni (Love is Like after the Rain) is a romance about a HS girl named Tachibana and the manager of the family restaurant she works at. He is a 45 yr old divorcee who is a single father. Forbidden romances with large age gaps usually pretty scummy affairs, but this one actually doesn't look to bad after one episode. Animated by Wit Studio (Magus Bride, Titan, Kabeneri of the to many art styles, that vampire shounen show) and it has a nice soft fluid look to it. Since this is a Noitamina block show, it will also be Amazon Prime.
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:31 am

Magus Bride had a visit to the fairy world, and a little back story on Silky
Spoiler: show
the Banshee?
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Previous