What I'm watching

Talk about a specific anime series or genre that you enjoy.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Re: What I'm watching

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:26 am

Ancient Magus Bride- First episode follows the manga pretty closely. The Magus going SD all the time is a little weird, but I really loved the first episode.

Vanishing Line Garo- Didn't care much for the original Garo, to much CG. I liked this first episode, it had a nice mix of action and coolness. Animated by Studio Mappa, and first time director is a long time animator for Mappa.

TWOCAR- If you remember the sidecar motorcycle racing from A!MG movie and tv series, this show is based around that. First episode was an introduction to the various racers. The racing is ok, the two main characters are kind of annoying. I can't really say that the show does a great job at showing speed, which a racing anime needs.

A Sisters all you need- First episode was pretty awful, a bad clone of Erogmanga Sensei. I hope it gets better, but I doubt it.

BlendS is about a HS girl who goes to work at a themed cafe. All the waitresses have their own character trope. Tsundere, and Imouto we meet in the first episode. The main character has mean eyes (kind of like Kodaka). They have her act sadist, much to the delight of the customers who like this sort of thing lol.

Blood Blockade Battlefront S2- Great first episode, and I really loved the original series. Great action, comedy, and supernatural hijinks.

Kings Game- A Battle Royal style "game" where students are given explicit instructions via text message to do something, and are "punished" if they don't comply. Usually by being murdered. Show is very over the top violent and gore. Kind of unintentionally funny like Big Order or Another.

Anime-Gatari's- The popular rich girl is a closet otaku and is convinced to restart her schools anime club by another girl who is trying to find the name of an anime she saw as a child (I guess she doesn't know about anime forums or 2ch lol). I have to wonder though, is the Butler secretly a ninja and just appears out of nowhere, or is he always standing just off camera waiting for the girl to summon him?
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Re: What I'm watching

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:20 am

Juni Taisen: Zodiac War. A Battle Royal type kill all the other participants with the participants being around the Chinese zodiac. Based on a light novel by Monogatari's creator NisiOisin. Lots of violence, and some fairly interesting characters.

My Girlfriend is a faithful virgin shoujo bitch- A boy starts dating a girl who is the super serious and smart class rep. She says a lot of inappropriate things, but in a very serious deadpan manner.

Land of the Lustrous- A weird concept, and strange CG animation. Androgynous mineral girls who fight "moon dwellers" who break them into pieces and make them into jewelery. O_o The main character is a very fragile 3.5 (Mohs scale?) and can't be a fighter, so the leader of the Houseki tasks her with making an encyclopedia O_o

Girls last tour- Two young girls drive around a post apocalyptic landscape in a half track vehicle. Character designs are kind of similar to the blobby style of moe slice of life shows like Hidamari Sketch or Ichigo Marshmallow.
Do you feel lucky? Well, do you, punk!?
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Previous

Return to Anime Discussions