What I'm watching

Talk about a specific anime series or genre that you enjoy.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Re: What I'm watching

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:32 pm

Watches the two Konosuba ova's and they were quite funny. I especially like the 2nd one when they explore a dungeon creared by a previous reincarnated otaku (time must flow differently in this world because it is hinted this other otaku created the weapon from S1. There is one moment where they are about to unlock a secret vault and Aqua remarks that she will be violated in some way, and Megumin will freak out and explode the whole place. Megumin responds thst she wouldnt use EXPLOSION inside, she would wait until she got outside to explode the place
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlineImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:19 am

Princess Principle has an interesting steampunk aesthetic, but it's kind of funny that being spies, their spy outfits are basically cocktail dresses :lol: except for Ange, she gets a cocktail dress with a top hat :shock:

Centaur's life ep 4 was kind of interesting in the fact that reproduction between species is mentioned. It seems that features seem to go one way or another, as an angel girl, whose father is a cat person has triplet sisters who are all catgirls. Also talked about is the main centaur's hangup that her vagina might look like a cow's :shock: :? :lol: This show is so strange at times with it's slice of life and fan service combination.

Re:Creators ep 16 is a hot springs episode. Not much in the way of magical lens flair or steam, but everyone acts like they know its a reality show and have to keep their privates covered because there are cameras watching them :lol: Also it turns out the I'm to cool for you guys author of the giant robot show is a big fan of the eroge girl :oops:
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:54 pm

Not sure why, but the Hero Academia openings have become popular internet memes

ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:40 am

Those are all pretty cute; the top one is my favorite as I've been on the fringes of Supernatural fandom for a while now.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:38 am

Watched ep 6 if Made in Abyss. Reg and Rico meet up with Ozen the immovable, who is really tall (mentioned by Reg as being over 2M tall(. She says the letter about the bottom of the abyss
Spoiler: show
is not from her mom, and that she found her moms whistle and notebook at a grave in the 4th layer
. Rico also finds some weird creature that looked like a ribcage with arms and legs, but no head or internal organs
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:34 am

Re:Creators ep 17 had a big fight between Altair and Alicetera (did the same person who designed Kallen's mech, design Alicetera's? It has the same ass up viewpoint). The other battle between Rider and the Gundam kid was pretty good as well (it made me laugh, when she flew up close and tapped on the head of the mech with her lance).

Princess Principle was pretty good, it revealed Dorothy's backstory. Something that bugs me about anime characters who have some kind of secret identity, they always seem to talk about their identity in public places (in this case, a bar). Also the loli girl using her voice switching ability as well.
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:30 pm

Ep 7 of Restraunt to another world, Gendo (his va Tachiki Fumihiko any way) and a black dragon of death eat all the curry the place can make. Seems Kuro will be working there as well now
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:19 pm

Ep 7 and 8 of Abyss. The grave mentioned in previous episode was asn empty grave. We also find out about speci a soecial relic that Ozma has been keeping
that brings dead things back to life. The thing we saw crawling around was a piece of meat.
Oh, and Rico was stillborn
Rico and Reg have a training camp before Ozma warns them about some other wgite whistles who are bigger assholes then her.

Owarimonogatari S2 Araragi comes back from hell and Ougi is
his adolescence
:? Yeah, ok. Hitagi is also growing her hair back out, which was nice.

Magical world with smart phone. Touya adds a princess/fiancé to his harem, saves the king from being piisoned, and visits a beastman kingdom, defeating a dragon on the way. He defeats their king in one on one combat to become the new king (kidding about the becoming king). Also while shopping iin the capital he buys Kiritos trench coat which limits damage from any spell class, but doubles dmg from any other class you dont have an afinity for (hahahaha he has strong afinity for all classes). He also figures out he can cadt magic on hid phone (search spell+google maps. Find anyone) and makes a gunblade. All in all, Touya is like the flip side of Kazuma
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:36 am

Centaur's Life continues to be strange. Frog people have four arms for some reason. We also get a concentration camp run by Nazi Centaur.

Re:Creators ep 20 this is one of the best shows this year, and the battle with Altair is crazy. Now she has the power to reset plot twists :? and we lost Saber and probably Lancer JoJo.

Smartphone magical world Touya takes out an army of zombies by running his search spell on his phone, selecting all and taking them all out with one spell multiplied to cover all the enemies. He also pulls a Kazuma on the guy controlling the zombies, using steal to take his magical object while he was going through his monologue.

Re: Creators ep 21 Altair is able to meet her creator and use one of her "infinite" powers to create a world where they can both exist. This is probably the final action episode. Last episode will probably just be recap and stuff.

Princess Principle ep 10 Dorothy and Ange
Charlotte and Ange switched places as children and were seperated by a revolution. Charlotte had to learn to become a spy, and Ange had to learn to become a Princess
meet one of their former classmates. There is a new manager of the spy deparment, and he is a military general. His first order is to assassinate
Princess Charlotte
. Guess we should have seen that coming.

Made in Abyss ep 10 was super brutal. Rico is in a bad spot
broken arm, poisoned, and bleeding out of most every orifice
after being attacked by a stealthy monster. We finaly meet the bunny girl in the end credits.
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:04 pm

Made in Abyss ep 11 Reg has to go on a fetch quest for the bunny girl who is trying to heal Rico who is bad shape because of the curse and the fight with the monster. Next episode is the final episode, and will be a one hour special. This right now, is probably my favorite show this season. It not for the squeamish. There is a lot of death and abuse of small children. Kind of like Black Bullet and Tanya the evil go spelunking in a cave designed by H.P. Lovecraft.

Re:Creators finished up it's final episode with a few unanswered questions, but overall was a great show. I gave it a 9/10.

Been watching Yakitate Japan lately. It seems anime has a history of using shounen battle mechanics with food anime. It is also one of the funniest shows I have ever seen.

Centaur's Life First half of the episode was a lesson botany by a centaur loli. The 2nd half was pretty interesting, because it involved the 3 catgirl triplets, who are totally adorable. This show is so up and down (more down then up). You never quite know what the show is going to do from one episode to another
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:37 am

Finished up a few summer shows.

Centaur Life- this was a couple of weeks ago, they finished with an arm wrestling tournament, which Hime (Centaur) won, but the real question, was never answered, even though Hime asked it every 30 seconds. Why are we arm wrestling? Much like the question, why did I bother keep watching this show? 5 out of 10 nazi centaurs. average in every way.

Gamers- It was a fun show, but the final episode was kind of a throw away hot springs episode (but they did have some funny stuff about DLC and "free to play" gaming). I liked the show overall with it's love ocatgon of minsunderstandings 7 out of 10 Chiaki Desu Desu's.

Made in Abyss- Wow this show was so great. Best show of the summer, and probably best non sequel this year. Last episode was an extreme emotional rollercoaster that gave us some back story on Nana and Mitty.
They were originally orphans, but were used by a White Whistle for experiments on the effects of the curse on the 7th level. You either die from it, or lose your humanity. Nanachi was turned into a rabbit girl, and Mitty a mutated immortal blob. In exchange for healing Rico and teaching Reg how to fight the orb piercer, she requests that he kill Mitty
. This show may look cute because of it's character designs and lush backgrounds (the art directory is a former Studio Ghibli background artist, and also worked on Your Name), but it has some pretty brutal treatment of the main character Rico. The director also directed Black Bullet, so it is some pretty extreme physical abuse. The character dynamic is wonderful, the scenery in the abyss can be very pretty, and the monsters seems like something out of an HP Lovecraft novel. I give it 9 out of 10 Reg incinerator blasts. I hope we get another season.

Re: Creators had a decent end. I especially liked Meteora's new job, but wonder where the Iziya girl went. This show was a great mix of action and intrigue. Maybe a bit to long, and a little heavy on dialogue, but I gave 8 out of 10 guns played like a violin.

New Game!! They finished up their game, and all the staff go out and buy a copy and then have a party to celebrate
K-chan is taking a job with a French game company that Wako's sister works at
I hope we get a New Game!!!, as this is a fun show 7/10 murdered sentient teddy bears
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:58 am

Of those the only one I've watched thus far is New Game!!. I'm not even sure why I liked it, but I did - I expect I'm in denial of having fallen victim to its moe charms.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:35 am

Made in Abyss and Re:Creators were both Amazon titles, so I had to download. I loved Made in Abyss, but it is a pretty dark show. The director, Masayuki Kojima also directed Black Bullet and Monster. Gamers was a pretty fun rom com, mostly about misunderstanding giving rise to odd situations. And one of the main characters, Chiaki has an odd habbit of saying words like desu twice.

New Game is a fun show, it is a great mix of moe, endearing characters, and fun story. And I would totally play an rpg about murdering sentient teddy bears and wearing them like a skin suit
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:09 am

Probably just as well you explained what was going on in that scene...
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:24 pm

Black Clover: WHY AM I YELLING? BECAUSE I AM THE OUTCAST MAIN CHARACTER WHO WANTS TO BE HOKAGE KING OF THE PIRATES WIZARD KING!!!!!!!!

UQ Holder Negima 2- so this is a sequal to Negima it seems. Evangeline A Kiss Shot McDowell is hiding out as a school teacher in the future, raising Negi's grandson. A bounty hunter shows up in the neighborhood up to no good. The kid gets in one little fight, and she gets scared, and says your moving with your auntie and uncle in Belair.

Konohana Kitan- Iroha Foxgirl edition. It's a lot of cute. Saber, when did you become a foxgirl?
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Discussions