Naka-Kon 2016

Event information, Information, Meeting Recaps, Conventions, Personal Events, Parties.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, Kokon Tozai

Naka-Kon 2016

Postby Kokon Tozai » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:36 pm

Yatta!

Early Bird pre-reg for everyone's favorite local con went up 5 days ago:

https://naka-kon.com/news/2015-08-07-221500/registration-2016-open

$35/3 days right now. Looks like $5 more when the J fest is happening. That is usually my tradition.
To watch Anime is life. All else is merely waiting.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Re: Naka-Kon 2016

Postby Tsunami3k » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:12 pm

Not a year to drag one's feet given the first time cap of 9.3k attendees.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:16 pm

I got my registration done. I am sure it is probably a randomly generated number, but my confirmation had the number 5712 in it.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlineImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby Kokon Tozai » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:28 pm

ZR74:
I got my registration done. I am sure it is probably a randomly generated number, but my confirmation had the number 5712 in it.

What if it wasn't random? What if? You freaked me out man. That means they would be going fast.

My number is 5718.....

See ya there

At the DEF MNO WTF pick up line.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby stevenk » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:35 pm

Hi everyone. Don't worry about those numbers in your ID code, while they aren't randomly generated, they aren't indicative of badges sold yet. Right now, we are still way below a thousand badges sold, which is isn't too bad considering we got online reg up about two months earlier than last year.
Also, if you go to Japan Fest, stop by our table and say "Howdy." We are planning to be there with drawings for prizes, games and, of course, we will be pre-registering people!
stevenk

Postby Delightfulqt » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:35 pm

Bought the badge! Eeeeepppp yay! So excited. Now I need to figure out where to buy the tickets for the Japan festival in October...
Delightfulqt
Anime Fan

Postby Tsunami3k » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:40 pm

Delightfulqt wrote:Bought the badge! Eeeeepppp yay! So excited. Now I need to figure out where to buy the tickets for the Japan festival in October...

I think the only way may be to buy them at the door, at least that's how I've always done it. Thankfully the lines are fast so there's never a long wait.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby Delightfulqt » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:43 pm

Tsunami3k wrote:
Delightfulqt wrote:Bought the badge! Eeeeepppp yay! So excited. Now I need to figure out where to buy the tickets for the Japan festival in October...

I think the only way may be to buy them at the door, at least that's how I've always done it. Thankfully the lines are fast so there's never a long wait.

Okay good to know. Ive been looking at the site today at work and thought I was going crazy looking for a place to make the purchase! Ha!

Edit spelling
Last edited by Delightfulqt on Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delightfulqt
Anime Fan

Postby bakamatt » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:55 am

Delightfulqt wrote:Okay good to know. Ive been looking at the sight today at work and thought I was going crazy looking for a place to make the purchase! Ha!

The Festival's never been what you could call "comfortable" with technology. Actually, they've never stopped seeming a little surprised that anyone ever shows up for the thing. But plenty do.

If Denver Taiko's there, strongly consider watching their performance; it's really something.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby Delightfulqt » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:51 am

You can now purchase tickets in advance for Japan Festival! It looks like it's 10 for adults, 8 for students, and 6 for children :)
Delightfulqt
Anime Fan

Postby bakamatt » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:22 am

Got my pre-reg confirmation today! Five months early - I guess that makes up for all the times I got it at the door.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby Kokon Tozai » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:28 am

Matt:
Got my pre-reg confirmation today! Five months early - I guess that makes up for all the times I got it at the door.

Yes but buying at the door is more than satisfactory when you made the herculean effort to attend while living in Florida!

Now I am wondering what the status is of the prevuiusly cancelled musical event featuring the Earthbound Papas and Critical Hit?

https://naka-kon.com/news/2014-12-06-224500/earthbound-papas-and-critical-hit-coming-naka-kon-2016

Please note the above info is dated December 2014.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby bakamatt » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:32 pm

Kokon Tozai wrote:Now I am wondering what the status is of the prevuiusly cancelled musical event featuring the Earthbound Papas and Critical Hit?

Looks like they're supposed to be there. This was posted about three weeks ago:

Naka-Kon wrote:What's this? Another guest announcement so soon!? We're so excited we just couldn't keep this to ourselves: Earthbound Papas, led by Nobuo Uematsu himself, and Critical Hit, led by Jason Hayes, will be performing at #Naka2016!
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby Kokon Tozai » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:02 am

Cool beans, thanks Matt!
Now to be seen if it just integrates into the usual activities or is a separate entity like that movie they showed off premises a few years ago.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby Kokon Tozai » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:14 pm

Per N-K News:
Each year, the Naka-Kon Registration staff goes back over our systems and procedures, looking for ways to minimize time attendees spend in lines to pick up badges. This year we will be introducing a change to our registration system with the goal of dramatically reducing wait times.

However, as a result of these changes, we will not be pre-printing badge names or nicknames on regular weekend and day badges this year. There will be a space on the badge where you can write a name with a permanent marker (which, some of you might recall, was the way badge names were added to badges as late as 2012). VIP, Guest, Exhibitor and Staff badges will still have preprinted names.

We understand this might seem to be a mild inconvenience, but we hope to see the same sort of reduction in wait times larger conventions that use similar systems have already seen. Less time spent in the registration lines translates to more time doing fun stuff!

Due to the profound illegibility of my hand writing I will be preprinting a sticker to just slap on the badge. "HELLO! my name is Kokon Tozai".
Or better yet something to graph up with an ASK-C logo and my name.

More than anything Naka Kon could lessen confusion & speed up the process by raising the alphabetical line signs to a see-able height. And actually making them match the line rows.

I grump. But no matter what I will have a great time.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Next

Return to Event Discussion