ASKC Anniversary 2015

Event information, Information, Meeting Recaps, Conventions, Personal Events, Parties.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, Kokon Tozai

Re: ASKC Anniversary 2015

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:16 pm

Lots of fun again this year. This is like the high point of the year, along with Naka and Curt Con's. A couple more entries that would have been good for name that clip...

Excalibbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Spoiler: show
Fate series (Stay Night, and Zero

Kamehameha
Spoiler: show
DBZ
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby Kokon Tozai » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:45 pm

Excellent time great get together. I agree with Zero it's one of the highlights of the year. Never ending thanks to Tim for being the perfect host. And thank goodness no trouble from the badgers. I regret that I didn't get to see the video portion of Matts contest. Dude, you really put a lot of work into project. Well done.

The bat shit crazy anime shorts at the end still has my head reeling today. How much longer did people stay & how much more anime was watched?

edit:
Only some of the anime shorts were bat shit crazy. Many were beautiful and/or thought provoking.
To watch Anime is life. All else is merely waiting.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby bakamatt » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:24 am

Indeed, thanks for hosting, Tim.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby Tsunami3k » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:24 pm

Massive thanks to Matt for running with the contests this year; they were a great variation from the standard template. Mr. Bri, thank you a ton again for bringing ice and a cooler to address my perennial failure to do so myself and on top of that for ultimately providing the highlight of the evening's anime watching as well as unleashing your con-foo in subtle bursts, keeping things rolling like a veteran kuroko. The plum-wine[ish] stuff was also delicious. Mr. Scott, thank you for bringing over your special sake to share as well as your authentic jbeer; both were great as were many of the new treats you found at your local store. Josh, thanks for bringing snacks, particularly "vegetarian meat" which is destined to become part of anniversary lore, the mark of a truly successful "evil snack". Oh, before I forget, did someone forget their Henhouse bag here? No rush on claiming it as I don't plan on tossing it or anything but in case someone's missing one (it's green), there's one on my kitchen desk.

@Mr. Scott, we hung out until 4AM watching Brian's stuff. Everything was good in its own way and there were a few real standouts. I haven't actually been able to figure out what we watched via MyAnimeList yet so I can't elaborate any further other than that stuff like that is like pure crack to me.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:42 am

ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby Tsunami3k » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:23 pm

Ahh, good find. I'm guessing the Anime Mirai stuff is listed individually since I don't see "Mirai" paired with any years in MAL.

Edit: Ahh, so they were part of Project A and, I guess didn't get a year designation:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Animator_Training_Project
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby TectonicMuse » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:00 pm

An absolutely fantastic and memorable night.
Thanks Tim and all.
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado

Postby kaworu5 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:02 pm

Great anniversary as always. Thanks to the host with the most (anime) and Matt for the games. I think the shake up of Name that Theme made it more enjoyable. After that game I’ll have to turn in my anime theme cred card, but looks like I’ll pick up an anime clip card in its place. The anime highlight of the night, hand’s down, was Obake-chan. Anime lowlight was that damn anthropomorphized carrot. Absolute lowlight was vegetarian meat.
kaworu5
Anime Enthusiast

Postby Kokon Tozai » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:36 am

I forget, did someone forget their Henhouse bag here? No rush on claiming it as I don't plan on tossing it or anything but in case someone's missing one (it's green), there's one on my kitchen desk.

The Henhouse bag is mine. Keep or not if the former I'll pick it up next time. The remaining Orion beer & Dessai sake is yours. Enjoy some Wednesday evening or whatever.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby bakamatt » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:11 am

I finally got around to inventorying Catacombs. All pieces are present and accounted for. Thanks for your caution and attention, everyone.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby ca_jas » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:20 pm

This sunday (August 9th) would you guys be available for a brief Minsky's outing?? Not needing to be a big repeat of the anniversary, just a small hang-out, accompanied by some Chinese manga that I'll be passing out for the laughs. :lol:

I guess it could also be August 8th if the other Konsui Fighter guys are cool with it. 8)
ca_jas
Anime Connoisseur

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:04 pm

I am free
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby Tsunami3k » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:06 pm

I am expensive.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby Kokon Tozai » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:16 pm

I am taken.

Sunday is the family get together for one of my daughters birthday.

Other than that.... great to have you back jas! Do I remember right you said you'd be staying in Johnson County for a few weeks? Hahahah some how that just seems sweetly ironic knowing how you feel about the burbs.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby bakamatt » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:42 pm

I can do Sunday.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

PreviousNext

Return to Event Discussion