ASKC Anniversary 2015

Event information, Information, Meeting Recaps, Conventions, Personal Events, Parties.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, Kokon Tozai

ASKC Anniversary 2015

Postby Tsunami3k » Fri May 29, 2015 10:30 pm

Well, May's shot and June is shotgunned with a con, Fathers' Day and whatever else I've forgotten. It looks like the last weekend in June would be the ideal time to have this year's party before summer hits with full force so I'm shooting for June 27th. Barring a miracle, I don't anticipate having hair ready for this year's party so, again, I'm relying on whomever is interested to whip up some contest material. I'll add more details in a future post but I don't know that I've got much different from prior years' posts.

See you then space cowpeeps!
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Re: ASKC Anniversary 2015

Postby Kokon Tozai » Sat May 30, 2015 9:34 pm

Man That sounds great. I've been waiting for the announcement. I will be there.

I also see that June 27th is National Sunglasses day. http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/June/sunglassesday.htm
Obviously this allows for a sub-theme.

I will bring the fish jerky.
To watch Anime is life. All else is merely waiting.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby ca_jas » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:55 am

Since I'll still be slaving away in China on June 27th, maybe I can work on some hair stuff for you guys to show? I mean, I'm not 100% on the idea, just throwing it out there so I can be there in spirit. I was thinking of changing it up a bit.

Tim's high quality images will be sacrificed for medium to low-quality gifs.
Gifs.... of hair flippin:

Haha.
ca_jas
Anime Connoisseur

Postby bakamatt » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:04 am

That's pretty funny, Jas. But I'm alarmed to have to confess that I don't recognize any of those.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby ca_jas » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:27 am

I don't either, haha. The first one is the closest one to any popular anime series that I know if. But it's just an example using random gifs I pulled from the web.
ca_jas
Anime Connoisseur

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:20 pm

First one I think is Sailor Neptune. Reverse image search on second looks like someone from Tomako Market. 3rd one is someone from engaged to the identified
http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4 ... 4_full.jpg
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby Tsunami3k » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:56 pm

Haha, that's a pretty crazy contest idea right up there with some of my more wacky ideas. Another issue, though, is that I've traditionally re-appropriated my work computer for doing the contest but the Lenovo I've had for a couple of years now is inexplicably a throwback to yesteryear in that it only has an analog SVGA output....no DVI, HDMI or Display Port connectors. I suppose the analog connector might work well enough for gifs provided that my TV actually has it. Unfortunately Chromecast 2 isn't likely to be out by then either. D:
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby bakamatt » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:41 pm

Tim, I don't understand the ramifications of what you're saying about connectivity between your devices. What could you do or not do that we've relied on in the past?

I was thinking on the drive home tonight, I no longer have any feel for what content would be "fair" in any kind of trivia contest. In the past it was easy: "licensed domestic DVD release". But what do we use now: a lot of people no longer even use disks, but if we're going to include streaming sites then which ones, or do we say that a show has to be available on <X number of sites> to be eligible for inclusion?
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby Tsunami3k » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:54 am

I'm saying my laptop doesn't have an HDMI connector. Rules are the showman's discretion. IIRC my rule for hair was simply anything legally viewable in the US with a strong bias towards those things viewable for very long periods of time and those things currently viewable. Newly available stuff or obscure things that only had a brief window of viewability years ago strike me as far less inclusive and fun. My thinking is that it's most fun when everyone sees a few that they know they know but can't quite remember and also finish the contest with a satisfying number of good guesses. Conversely, everyone would be bored to tears and, more selfishly, my efforts wasted, if I were to pick generic hair from obscure characters from lesser-knows shows. The more mainstream the better.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:40 pm

I would totally love an anime trivia contest at the party. Homura is the only person we need in a hair flip contest :lol:
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby Kokon Tozai » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:14 pm

Gotta love it.
So far I'm the only one that properly RSVP'ed. But there's been quite a bit of interest in hair flipping gif's. HDMI. And meanwhile Josh ,I think, actually RSVP'ed on a completely different thread.

YATTA!
To watch Anime is life. All else is merely waiting.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby Tsunami3k » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:32 pm

Kokon Tozai wrote:Gotta love it.
So far I'm the only one that properly RSVP'ed. But there's been quite a bit of interest in hair flipping gif's. HDMI. And meanwhile Josh ,I think, actually RSVP'ed on a completely different thread.

YATTA!

lol,..Well I thought he was super-stoked about the upcoming con but it's nice to think he's excited about the party too.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:48 pm

I will be forgoing my typcial Saturday afternoon of watching anime and playing games at home, to watch anime and play games at Tim's
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby kaworu5 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:30 pm

I’m in for the 27th. ヽ(‘ ∇‘ )ノ ワーイ

I was working on a hair-like game for last year that I didn’t have time to complete that I think I can get to work this year. I’ve done one successful question of it so I would just have to do a lot more of them. Or if others bring stuff and we don’t have time for it, that’s fine. It isn’t like it goes bad.
kaworu5
Anime Enthusiast

Postby TectonicMuse » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:53 pm

Tsunami3k wrote:lol,..Well I thought he was super-stoked about the upcoming con but it's nice to think he's excited about the party too.

I think "totally stoked" might be a bit of an exaggeration haha.
I was just surprised that they were able to get the people together that they did at a completely
new event.

It WOULD, however, be a perfectly suitable phrase for the Anniversary party!

Can't wait to see you guys there!
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado

Next

Return to Event Discussion