Sausomecon 2015

Event information, Information, Meeting Recaps, Conventions, Personal Events, Parties.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, Kokon Tozai

Sausomecon 2015

Postby get_mik » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:46 am

Hello everyone, I am Mike Tinsley. You might know me on Facebook, Naka-kon or MOtaku panelist, I might of taken your photo before, etc... If you don't know me, that is something I hope we can remedy.

Anyhow, after many years of preparing, I am hosting my own anime convention in Kansas City called Sausomecon.

I looked around the forums and I didn't see a post pertaining to Sausomecon, thus why I am posting this one up now.

The dates for this year are June 12-14th.

Sausome means more awesome than awesome. It is pronounced just like awesome but with a S in front of it.

The main focus of Sausomecon is for everyone to have a fun and entertaining time while at Sausomecon. We are primarily focused towards Anime, Manga, the Japanese Culture and Video Games but we are no way limited to just those focuses.

Our mantra is "We want everyone to succeed". We truly want all conventions to succeed, our attendees to have a fun time, our special guests to have a sausome time,

Here is the website: Sausomecon Website
Here is the facebook page Sausomecon on Facebook

We have a truly sausome special guest list for a first year convention and we plan on growing stronger every year.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me anything.

Mike
get_mik

Re: Sausomecon 2015

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:34 am

This is the convention formerly known as Moetaku?
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby get_mik » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:01 am

ZeroRyoko1974 wrote:This is the convention formerly known as Moetaku?

My convention is nowhere related to MOtaku.

Mike
get_mik

Postby get_mik » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:08 am

MOtaku is planning on potentially coming back next year, at least that is what the owners told me at ASTL this last weekend. They are still working on their dates and location.

Sausomecon is owned by a completely different individual, ie me.

Mike
get_mik

Postby bakamatt » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:16 am

You got Jim Butcher? Sweet. Dresden Files didn't work for me, but I really like the Codex Alera. It's even vaguely relevant, since the first one was written after someone bet him he couldn't write a decent novel based on a lost Roman legion plus Pokemon.
Last edited by bakamatt on Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby Tsunami3k » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:52 am

get_mik wrote:The main focus of Sausomecon is for everyone to have a fun and entertaining time while at Sausomecon. We are primarily focused towards Anime, Manga, the Japanese Culture and Video Games but we are no way limited to just those focuses.

Doh! I just asked pretty much this in your into thread. Please feel free to ignore it. :oops:
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby TectonicMuse » Sun May 24, 2015 1:17 pm

That's a pretty intense lineup for the first year! I'm impressed!
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado

Postby Kokon Tozai » Mon May 25, 2015 9:52 pm

You know someone from Motaku was here quite a while ago so was the guy from Anime Source KC and then (is this right?) get mik from Naka Kon and then even farther back someone from the local SciFi club. He was pimping a thing at UMKC about big eyes small mouth. I went & it was pretty good (mostly cuz of seeing ASK-C member Chief.)

So I am trying to say I appreciate people alerting us to projects/cons that might be relevant & appealing on these forums. But if all they want to do do is pimp a project & not really contribute or support ASK-C then we should not support them either.
To watch Anime is life. All else is merely waiting.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:17 pm

Personally, Naka-kon is enough anime con for me for the year
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ca_jas » Tue May 26, 2015 7:15 am

Kokon Tozai wrote:You know someone from Motaku was here quite a while ago so was the guy from Anime Source KC and then (is this right?) get mik from Naka Kon and then even farther back someone from the local SciFi club. He was pimping a thing at UMKC about big eyes small mouth. I went & it was pretty good (mostly cuz of seeing ASK-C member Chief.)

So I am trying to say I appreciate people alerting us to projects/cons that might be relevant & appealing on these forums. But if all they want to do do is pimp a project & not really contribute or support ASK-C then we should not support them either.

People do this on art forums a lot; post something pretty and plug their website then leave, not contributing to the many debates and so on. Enough research will show that only like 6 or 7 of us post regularly here. Not much of a financial impact haha. Unless the vendor community has a secret financial roster on all of us and some here are known as "big spendas".

That being said on those art forums looking at pretty art from people that come and go is nice sometimes. Same for the cons and plugs.
ca_jas
Anime Connoisseur

Postby bakamatt » Tue May 26, 2015 8:38 am

Kokon Tozai wrote:So I am trying to say I appreciate people alerting us to projects/cons that might be relevant & appealing on these forums. But if all they want to do do is pimp a project & not really contribute or support ASK-C then we should not support them either.

I think you're putting the bar pretty high, Scott. Sure, it's irritating to have people show up long enough to tout their project, then disappear again; it feels rude and disrespectful to me too. But, at least in my opinion, one of our primary purposes here is to be a clearing house for event information.

Better'n 40 years ago I observed that the great majority of people who have a hobby aren't interested in any sort of organized communal activity. I don't understand it, but most people who keep tropical fish, woodwork, collect stamps, or do model railroading, do so almost exclusively at home by themselves. They may follow boards, but they don't post. Almost as quickly as online gaming became a thing, participation hugely eclipsed tabletop gaming.

So while I very much wish we had lots more traffic than we do here, I'm not surprised that we don't.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby Tsunami3k » Wed May 27, 2015 8:15 am

Yep, information shared with us is relevant and the hosting is paid for either way. Sure I'd like to see our community grow but if a poster has other priorities then I wouldn't really want them to remain out of any sense of obligation. Either you're here to enjoy like-minded people or you aren't. Anyway, who all is going?
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby bakamatt » Wed May 27, 2015 8:22 am

Haven't decided; I so dislike CoCo Key as a con venue, but Curt's gonna be there, but my finances haven't recovered from Naka...
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby TectonicMuse » Wed May 27, 2015 12:40 pm

I might have made a more valiant attempt if I'd have known earlier,
but it falls dangerously close to a wedding that I need to be at.
If it doesn't fall flat I might give it a shot next year,
but I'm not enthused to return to CoCo Kiosk anytime soon either...
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado

Postby bakamatt » Wed May 27, 2015 3:30 pm

TectonicMuse wrote:I might have made a more valiant attempt if I'd have known earlier,
but it falls dangerously close to a wedding that I need to be at.
If it doesn't fall flat I might give it a shot next year,
but I'm not enthused to return to CoCo Kiosk anytime soon either...

Wow, that reads like a prose poem! 8)
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Next

Return to Event Discussion