ASKC Anniversary Party ~ 2014

Event information, Information, Meeting Recaps, Conventions, Personal Events, Parties.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, Kokon Tozai

Re: ASKC Anniversary Party ~ 2014

Postby Kokon Tozai » Wed May 28, 2014 7:11 am

I can easily bring the wii from the family tv so Josh doesn't have to spend two hours getting his. But I do not have any cool games. So maybe someone can bring a few good ones. I will get ice & sushi tray as last year & I think I have other alcoholic refreshments already languishing over there. Oh! New favorite beer: Magic Hat "Not Quite Pale Ale."
Fight-o!
To watch Anime is life. All else is merely waiting.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby Tsunami3k » Wed May 28, 2014 7:59 am

Kokon Tozai wrote:I can easily bring the wii from the family tv so Josh doesn't have to spend two hours getting his. But I do not have any cool games. So maybe someone can bring a few good ones. I will get ice & sushi tray as last year & I think I have other alcoholic refreshments already languishing over there. Oh! New favorite beer: Magic Hat "Not Quite Pale Ale."
Fight-o!

I've got a fair amount of beer as is so your Magic Hat should be all we need to top off the beer reserves. Does that also mean by chance that you'll be bringing cooler-zilla?
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby Tsunami3k » Wed May 28, 2014 1:51 pm

Per Matt: Yo board noobs, this includes you too! It's a good point; come along and nerd out with us!
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby bakamatt » Wed May 28, 2014 3:54 pm

Tsunami3k wrote:Per Matt: Yo board noobs, this includes you too! It's a good point; come along and nerd out with us!

Paraphrasing it somewhat more diplomatically couldn't have hurt; something along the line of "You folk who've only recently joined, you'll be welcome". Geez. Making me sound like some kind of thug...
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby Kokon Tozai » Wed May 28, 2014 7:55 pm

T3K:
Does that also mean by chance that you'll be bringing cooler-zilla?

That cooler belonged to my elder son in law. Last year we broke a lid latch on the left side & the year before that the latch on the right snapped off & was lost. He won't let me borrow it again of concern it will come back with out the lid. Coolers that size cost about $70 so I don't know yet if I will buy one just to keep at Tim's for these events. We'll see.

Matt:
"You folk who've only recently joined, you'll be welcome"
to come nerd out with us.
Yeah that's one of the most important reasons for joining a local anime forum is the chance for otaku fellowship. It takes some guts to walk into a room full of people you don't know but that's what I did almost ten years ago & they still can't get rid of me.

Any settled on anime for the annual party marathon/Tim's 500th?
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby Tsunami3k » Wed May 28, 2014 8:10 pm

Kokon Tozai wrote:T3K:
Does that also mean by chance that you'll be bringing cooler-zilla?

That cooler belonged to my elder son in law. Last year we broke a lid latch on the left side & the year before that the latch on the right snapped off & was lost. He won't let me borrow it again of concern it will come back with out the lid. Coolers that size cost about $70 so I don't know yet if I will buy one just to keep at Tim's for these events. We'll see.

I feel bad about that; it was really nice of him to loan it to us. I'd gladly toss in some cash for a replacement for which I suggest we trade the new one to him for the one we broke.

Matt:
"You folk who've only recently joined, you'll be welcome"
to come nerd out with us.
Yeah that's one of the most important reasons for joining a local anime forum is the chance for otaku fellowship. It takes some guts to walk into a room full of people you don't know but that's what I did almost ten years ago & they still can't get rid of me.

Any settled on anime for the annual party marathon/Tim's 500th?[/quote]

Yeah, Brian suggested the Genius Party anthology sometime just before Matt chewed himself out. I love anthologies and I've been wanting to see this for ages so it was a great suggestion. He was also good enough to supply a DVD of it so we're all set!
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby TectonicMuse » Wed May 28, 2014 11:39 pm

Kokon Tozai wrote:I can easily bring the wii from the family tv so Josh doesn't have to spend two hours getting his.

Oh geez, that happened last year didn't it.. I had completely forgotten. :oops:
I only have smash bros. and Rhythm Heaven, but we typically seem to get on pretty alright without it.
PS3 has a couple of Fighting games on it, but I'm limping on one and a half controllers, so someone else would probably need to bring one if we went that route.

Again though, I'm sure that either way there'll be no shortage of fun things to do. Never seems to be a problem. :)
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado

Postby ca_jas » Thu May 29, 2014 4:31 pm

Last minute cancellation... forgot about having to work!
ca_jas
Anime Connoisseur

Postby Tsunami3k » Thu May 29, 2014 4:46 pm

ca_jas wrote:Last minute cancellation... forgot about having to work!

D:
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby kaworu5 » Thu May 29, 2014 8:59 pm

If you forgot about work once, then you can forget about work twice and join us!

I’m finishing up Name That Tune. I told myself I would be OK doing less rounds than last year, but then couldn’t admit defeat so I made 11 rounds. But to conserve on time, the rounds are only 5-7 songs rather than 10 each.

I can bring a cooler I found in my laundry room. It’s 2 cubit feet. I’m not sure how big or small that is in the world of competitive cooler sizes.

Hope to see all there!
kaworu5
Anime Enthusiast

Postby Tsunami3k » Thu May 29, 2014 9:34 pm

Wow, so 55-77 songs! Pretty intense!

Come to think of it, I've got my little red cooler too which is probably a couple cubic feet as well so we're probably ok so long as I find time to load it up with ice.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Fri May 30, 2014 6:01 am

kaworu5 wrote:If you forgot about work once, then you can forget about work twice and join us!

I’m finishing up Name That Tune. I told myself I would be OK doing less rounds than last year, but then couldn’t admit defeat so I made 11 rounds. But to conserve on time, the rounds are only 5-7 songs rather than 10 each.

I can bring a cooler I found in my laundry room. It’s 2 cubit feet. I’m not sure how big or small that is in the world of competitive cooler sizes.

Hope to see all there!

Just wait for our 20th anniversary name that anime tune :lol:
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Fri May 30, 2014 8:32 am

kaworu5 wrote:I can bring a cooler I found in my laundry room. It’s 2 cubit feet. I’m not sure how big or small that is in the world of competitive cooler sizes.

Bush league. But I prefer the purity of amateur cooler competition anyway. It's just a better sport.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby Kokon Tozai » Fri May 30, 2014 5:59 pm

I’m not sure how big or small that is in the world of competitive cooler sizes.

Wasn't there an anime series about cooler competition? Prince of Coolers, or something like that.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby bakamatt » Sat May 31, 2014 7:27 am

Kokon Tozai wrote:
I’m not sure how big or small that is in the world of competitive cooler sizes.

Wasn't there an anime series about cooler competition? Prince of Coolers, or something like that.

No, no, you're thinking of that show where coolers turn into cute girls, Koolokon was it?
bakamatt
Anime Baron

PreviousNext

Return to Event Discussion