3rd Madoka Magica Movie @ Alamo - December 8th

Event information, Information, Meeting Recaps, Conventions, Personal Events, Parties.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, Kokon Tozai

Re: 3rd Madoka Magica Movie @ Alamo - December 8th

Postby bakamatt » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:09 pm

It's not on their calendar yet, but we may be bumping into another event at the Drafthouse: there's going to be a screening of a restored copy of, I think it was, All The President's Men, with some local luminaries in attendance.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby ca_jas » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:42 pm

kaworu5 wrote:But then again, I thought they would put it in a decent theater, so what the hell do I know.

I know what you are trying to mean, decent theater = more seating, but really you got the BEST theater. The lesser seated theaters are created for dinner and a movie. So essentially you can enjoy the movie with a bev and pizza if you got the money for it. :P

I choose not to attend the screening. I didn't really enjoy the series so I thought it would be best to let someone who really wanted to see it get to get in instead.
ca_jas
Anime Connoisseur

Postby Tsunami3k » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:41 pm

Well damn. Guess I missed my window. Car's kinda being flaky anyway. :?
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby bakamatt » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:10 pm

I've had an e-mail from the Drafthouse; they're moving the showing to a larger theater. This is supposed to happen tomorrow morning.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby kaworu5 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:29 pm

Thank god they did this. I'm glad that they aren't so strong-headed that they wouldn't create more room for the screening. I thought they were either going to do a second screening a week after or show it in two of their theaters as the same time. It will be interesting if they move it into theater 4 (120 seats) and it easily sell out again (since Screenland sold out at 150 seats). I'm especially glad that they are able to sell more tickets which will hopefully give a push to anime movie premiers being weeks away from Japan. Still waiting on EVA 3.0...

If anyone's curious on how they reassign the reserved seats, the email is below. It confirms my opinion that the Alamo's seating system is great for solo or small groups, but a pain in the ass for larger groups or sold out showings.

Hello,

Due to popular demand we are going to move this show into a bigger theater. I am writing to find out if you purchased seats on the back row next to the wheel chair space because you are with someone in a wheel chair. Or if you purchased the seat on an aisle because that's were you like to sit.

Since the show is going into a bigger theater if you had front to rows you will now be 2 rows back from the front. I will also be keeping all seats close to the middle of the rows as they were when first purchased if you have no objections. If you purchased multiple tickets at different times those seats will be together.

I will be making the theater change first thing Tuesday 10.22.13 morning. so if you can let me know by then that would be great. Have a good day, and we'll see you soon.

Cheers,
Chance
kaworu5
Anime Enthusiast

Postby bakamatt » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:42 pm

Tickets in the new theater are available for purchase now. I don't know which theater it is, but it looks to be about three times as big. They've sold five more seats.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby kaworu5 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:11 pm

I'm glad they moved it up to their largest theater. It would be nice to see that KC can support a show in such a large venue. Currently 70/197 seats sold.

I'm assuming they took the seats already sold and just put them flush with the back in the middle, which would make me second from the last row. Matt, being originally in the second row, should have a pretty much perfect seat in the now fourth row.
kaworu5
Anime Enthusiast

Postby bakamatt » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:49 am

We're up to 122 out of 197 seats sold, by my reckoning. That's more than twice the 57 seats of the theater they originally put it in, plainly justifying the move.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby TectonicMuse » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:02 am

Getting a bit excited for this.
Might have a newer coworker who is apparently interested coming along as well.
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado

Postby bakamatt » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:04 pm

Something I've been musing on as the screening approaches:

Spoiler: show
What was different about "our" iteration of Homura's attempts to save Madoka, the one where they actually broke the cycle of failure? Was this the first one where Madoka found out what the deal was? Or the first where she had enough power to re-write reality, or defeat Walpurgisnight? According to the Madoka article on tvtropes, there may have been as many as 100 prior cycles.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:18 am

Eleven seats left for Wolf Children, and 25 for Madoka 3. Well done.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby Chief » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Looks like I'm missing out. :(

They only have two seats left for the 7pm show and they aren't next to each other. I don't want to sit apart from my fiance and I can't stay out for the 10pm show (I have a final the next day and the fiance has work).

I kind of want to cry right now...
Chief
Anime Aficionado

Postby bakamatt » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:10 am

Those two remaining seats are close to each other - I bet if you asked, people would scoot down so you could sit with your sweetie.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby Chief » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:18 am

I really hope so...

I got the last two tickets - seats 3 and 7. Anyone want to trade?
Chief
Anime Aficionado

Postby bakamatt » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:07 am

I'm row 22, seat 11 (or was, in the little theater - I still don't feel clear how that translates to the big one). If someone else happens to be next to me and will also trade, I'd be fine with that.

Chief, you're just going to have to check in a little more often. You need to work on your priorities: you can't let a little thing like getting married interfere with your fandom. :twisted:
bakamatt
Anime Baron

PreviousNext

Return to Event Discussion