3rd Madoka Magica Movie @ Alamo - December 8th

Event information, Information, Meeting Recaps, Conventions, Personal Events, Parties.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, Kokon Tozai

3rd Madoka Magica Movie @ Alamo - December 8th

Postby kaworu5 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:21 pm

The third Madoka movie (Madoka Magica The Movie -Rebellion-) is coming to the Alamo Drafthouse on Sunday, December 8th. Times and ticket order has yet to be on Alamo's site. Given that the first two movies (which were recaps) sold out the Screenland's 150 seat theater, I hope they will put it in their 200 seat theater rather than Theater 4 (where they've had all the other anime screenings) which only seats 120.

According to Aniplex's site, "Ticketholders in US and Canada showings will have the opportunity to receive a free Mini Autograph board while supplies last."

Additionally, KC Alamo Drafthouse is showing the first two Madoka movies on Saturday, November 23rd.

ANN article
kaworu5
Anime Enthusiast

Re: 3rd Madoka Magica Movie @ Alamo - December 8th

Postby bakamatt » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:21 am

Woo-hoo! Good catch.

Though, in hindsight, I'm darned if I see how than can be a third movie. The story kind of, well, ends.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby TectonicMuse » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:09 am

Nice! But what is a mini autograph board?
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado

Postby kaworu5 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:22 am

TectonicMuse wrote:Nice! But what is a mini autograph board?

I'm assuming something like a pencil board that's signed? Given the number of showings, there would have to be thousands of them made, so probably a printed signature.

bakamatt wrote:Though, in hindsight, I'm darned if I see how than can be a third movie. The story kind of, well, ends.

I'm trying to keep myself from details on the third movie, but just given the content of the series and first two movies, I can sorta guess where they’re going.
Spoiler: show
I assume that they continue the story in the new world Madoka reformed with the focus on Homura. However, my favorite parts of the series are the witches and their elaborate worlds. It seems that some large, abstract Bleach hollow looking monsters replace them now that all witches are obliterated. I can only hope the SHAFT will create them in a visually inventive way like they did with the witches.

A small problem with this being at the Alamo is how we’re going to order tickets. Assuming this will be sold out or half occupied, we’ll have to organize something if we want to sit in the same area. Either we can purchase seats individually online or we can have someone reserve them at once. Since the system (to my knowledge) doesn’t let you change your seat once it’s purchased, ordering one by one may cause another ticket buyer to be sandwiched in the middle. The first two movies on 11/23 might have the same problem, especially since it may be a smaller theater since it shares the same opening weekend as The Hunger Games 2.
kaworu5
Anime Enthusiast

Postby kaworu5 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:31 pm

GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!!!

Looks like Drafthouse added the showings to the site, and the put the showings in Theater 2, which has 56 seats. These should go pretty fast. Additionally, the repeat showing of the first two movies is Sunday, November 24, rather than the 23 as shown on madokamagicausa.com.

Also, while I understand charging $15 for both of the first movies, the admission for the third movie is also $15. That's a bit much for one movie. I hope this is just just an error on whoever added it to the site recently.

https://drafthouse.com/ticketing/0601/14299 - 1st and 2nd movie
https://drafthouse.com/ticketing/0601/14300 - 3rd movie
kaworu5
Anime Enthusiast

Postby Tsunami3k » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:31 am

Yeah, surely that's just a cut'n'paste error.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby ca_jas » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:18 am

To see a foreign film or cult following movie in a mainstream theater is usually around $15. That's just the way it is. I've paid $20 before to see a foreign film in theaters. Independent theaters are the ones that tend to sell tickets for less than $10.
ca_jas
Anime Connoisseur

Postby kaworu5 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:55 am

Less than 12 hrs up and the theater is already a third full. I'm not taking any chances. Got row 4, seat 9. I'm debating rewatching the first two. A double feature does seem to work really well with a dine-in theater.
kaworu5
Anime Enthusiast

Postby bakamatt » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:23 am

I was the 19th ticket sold. Somehow I'm row 22, seat 11; I'll be calling today to confirm that's a reasonable result. I guess one just has to learn their system for one's self.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby kaworu5 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:51 pm

bakamatt wrote:I was the 19th ticket sold. Somehow I'm row 22, seat 11; I'll be calling today to confirm that's a reasonable result. I guess one just has to learn their system for one's self.

Since mine was listed as row 24 and is the fourth row in the theater, I'm assuming row 22 would be the second row. I'm pretty sure row 2, seat 11 wasn't filled earlier this morning, so I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Did you go through their website, because that has a map of the theater where you chose your own seat?
kaworu5
Anime Enthusiast

Postby bakamatt » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:41 pm

I did go through the website, and apparently I didn't understand what I was seeing. I assumed the handicapped seats were in the front row, so I counted up three from that in the expectation I'd end up in row 4 as well.

Apparently the handicapped seats are in the back row, and that skinny rectangle at the top of the seating diagram represents the screen.

I believe five more seats have booked since I did mine.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:19 pm

I got row 23 seats 1 and 2
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlineImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:18 am

35 seats sold now.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby kaworu5 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:06 pm

Sold out in less than three days. Since Screenland had a second showing after the first sold out, I would imagine Alamo would do the same. But then again, I thought they would put it in a decent theater, so what the hell do I know.
kaworu5
Anime Enthusiast

Postby bakamatt » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:11 pm

kaworu5 wrote:Sold out in less than three days.

Dang, this is just an anime town. Of course, some of the credit for that goes to you.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Next

Return to Event Discussion