Naka-Kon Presents: Wolf Children

Event information, Information, Meeting Recaps, Conventions, Personal Events, Parties.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, Kokon Tozai

Naka-Kon Presents: Wolf Children

Postby Tsunami3k » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:23 pm

At AMC 20 on November 14th, just a wee bit more than a month away! The catch, which I think will be a minor one, is that at least 64 people need to sign up for it. Thankfully that's easy; just go here:

http://www.tugg.com/events/5954
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Re: Naka-Kon Presents: Wolf Children

Postby kaworu5 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:24 am

This crowd funding plan for theatrical releases is kind of interesting. I especially like that you can see all of the numbers of sold tickets on the Wolf Children's screenings list. It seems like the KC screening, with over one-third already sold in two days, is outselling all the others. The next closest has about 15% sold. I'm constantly surprised at the number of active anime fans in KC compared to similar sized cities, and this just proves it. Of the dozen future showings on Tugg, three are supported by anime conventions and those three are the top performers. With all conventions having a social media following, it makes a lot of sense for anime companies to pair with conventions for screenings like this.

It's worth noting that the movie will show the English dub, for all that wondered.
kaworu5
Anime Enthusiast

Postby Tsunami3k » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:24 pm

Exactly at the halfway point to make it happen, 33 signed up with 33 to go! KC is stomping on the face of all the other showings so I hope we break 66 in the 13 remaining days (check out the other cities to see how much we're ahead of them all). Hell, if we can sell out the theater I belive Funimation has promised to send out an entourage with extra goodies. Since we're blowing away all of the other regions I'm betting we'll be a huge blip on Funi's fandom radar if we can pull it off. Beyond getting their attention for just the showing, my hope is that they'll realize that KC has a comparatively high per-capita fan base (way cooler than all of those other cities, ;D) leading them to the inevitable conclusion that extra support and recognition of local fandom via cons and the like would be in their best interest.

So who all here has signed up?
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby ca_jas » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:42 am

Aggghh. I'm a terrible fan of anime. I just can not bring myself to support something with anthro stuff. As I watched the trailer I really hoped that they would use the Wolf's Rain approach but no, they went and showed them anthros. I am potentially missing out on a great movie for a silly reason but I just can't do it. I'm just terrible.
ca_jas
Anime Connoisseur

Postby bakamatt » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:15 am

We all have our deals. No one can like everything.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby Tsunami3k » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:57 pm

Needs about a dozen more signups in the next day and change. Only a few cities made the goal so I'm hoping KC is one of them.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby kaworu5 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:26 pm

I listened to OSMcast recently (b/c Gerald and Daryl from AWO were guests) where they saw Wolf Children at Otakon. They had nothing but praise and said the dub was solid. Hope the screening makes its quota. I'm surprised KC is losing to Rapid City, SD in tickets ordered, but we're still making a total bitch of Omaha.
kaworu5
Anime Enthusiast

Postby Tsunami3k » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:07 pm

Wow, those guys are pretty hard to please. All the more reason that we must get it!
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:13 pm

I just bought a couple of tickets, it is down to 11 now.
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby Tsunami3k » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:56 pm

Sweet!
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby Tsunami3k » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:31 pm

Yay, it's on with 68 attendees and counting! There are 41 seats are left for people late to commit.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby bakamatt » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:50 pm

If there's a pattern to the places that are making quota, I can't see it. Interesting.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby kaworu5 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:11 pm

bakamatt wrote:If there's a pattern to the places that are making quota, I can't see it.

I think I can see one.

Lansing, MI – presented by Shuto Con
Rapid City, SD – presented by SoDak Con
Leawood, KS – presented by Naka-Kon
Merrimack, NH – presented by Another Anime Convention (at least they are upfront about their unoriginality)
Huntington Beach, CA – it’s just a big city on the west coast
Dallas, TX – big city w/ people that made the film right there

Given that anime cons generally have a good following of people on social media, teaming up with cons to get the word out about screenings is smart on Funimation's part. I also read ANN's NY Comic Con Funimation panel report that they are looking to use Tugg to do more screenings, so here's hoping that will make EVA 3.0 get here ASAP.

With 92 out of 109 seats sold already and no reserved seating, better show up early.
kaworu5
Anime Enthusiast

Postby Tsunami3k » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:21 pm

Do we have to hit the full 109 mark before we get the Funimation party pack?
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby kaworu5 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:42 am

Tsunami3k wrote:Do we have to hit the full 109 mark before we get the Funimation party pack?

I think that's the case. However, Dallas and Huntington Beach didn't even get to 109, so I don't know what they're expecting of us. Plus, it will take some days in the mail to get the package here, so I don't know when the sell out time would have to be by.
kaworu5
Anime Enthusiast

Next

Return to Event Discussion