Nebraska Convention

Event information, Information, Meeting Recaps, Conventions, Personal Events, Parties.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, Kokon Tozai

Nebraska Convention

Postby Baethan » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:35 am

Question, who is going to the convention beginning of November in Omaha? And is there anything in particular to look for, or avoid?
Baethan

Re: Nebraska Convention

Postby Tsunami3k » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:17 am

Hi there Baethan; welcome to the boards! I'm guessing you're talking about Nebraskon? It's a nice solid convention; it's within that idea size that's clearly not small nor has it passed that point where it's a frenetic maelstrom. Dunno how else to put it other than they have a good crowd there; nice people with good energy. I'm a little on the fence about going since I don't actually know a lot of people there. I can't think of anything to outright avoid other than the lines which you can do by preregistering. Will this be your first time there?
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby bakamatt » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:44 am

I've been to two Anime Nebraskons, though not recently and not at the venue they're using now.

The cons I attended were on the U of Nebraska campus in Lincoln. They were energetic and well-executed, and the con com did a good job of recovering when the campus started creating difficulties. So I'd like to go back some time, but it won't be this year.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby Baethan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:18 pm

Yeah, it'll be my first time there. Up until a couple of years ago, I was a self-taught otaku. Then I found out about the conventions, started going to a few, and have been thoroughly hooked. I decided this year to go to another con, looked for a local one, and came up with NebraskaKon. I've already pre-registered, gotten a hotel room at the con, and am looking forward to it.
Baethan

Postby ca_jas » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Nebraskon is one of the best cons I've attended. It's the perfect size attendance for the space.
ca_jas
Anime Connoisseur

Postby bakamatt » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:05 am

Anime Iowa has been pretty solid in the past, too. I don't know anything about the St. Louis events or the new Arkansas con.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Return to Event Discussion