Tenth Anniversary Gathering!

Event information, Information, Meeting Recaps, Conventions, Personal Events, Parties.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, Kokon Tozai

Are you coming to the 10th anniversary party!?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:15 pm

Definitely me!
90%
Definitely me and another person!
No votes
Probably me if I can make it.
No votes
Probably me and one other if we can make it.
10%
I hope everyone has fun without me...T~T (Hint: Don't pick this one.)
No votes

Total votes : 10

Tenth Anniversary Gathering!

Postby Tsunami3k » Sun May 19, 2013 9:15 pm

That's right, this year is the big 10! I'm shooting for Saturday, June 29th to have our tenth anniversary gathering barring an overlap with another event. There's a fair chance that I won't be able to pull of a themed cake this year since my artistic adviser/cake guru will be unavailable but I'll try to figure something out. (I'd gladly pass the torch to any willing volunteer.) I've got a new set of anime hair picked out which hopefully I can have cooked into a game by the big day. I believe Matt's got some ideas cooked up for some games too and, given that this is the 10th anniversary, everyone is welcome to chime in on what they think would be a worthy addition to the occasion.

Everyone is welcome to come. Regardless of how long you've been here or whether you've got 3 posts or 3000, the only requirement is that you've got an account here. Oh, and it's handiest if you're 21+ as well since there's usually beer and sake lying about. I've got plenty of room so let's have a blast; feel free to bring a wife, husband, gf, bf, bff, snacky treats, beverages or just yourself.

If it's your first time to one of these then here's generally what you can expect (although every year differs):

Typically it's an all-day affair, usually starting late morning and ending at no particular time. We usually get in our fill of BS (ok, that's not really possible for some of us) until it's time to grab a quick lunch at Minsky's then head back to really get things rolling.

From there everyone splits up to do whatever commands their interest. Having a drink and getting your nerd on is a popular choice to intersperse within one's schedule with some gravitating towards the Wii or other console system that someone inevitably brings. Other split off to do the tabletop games that Matt and others bring (a perennial favorite of many). Just about everyone cycles to and from the various activities and anime will likely be playing on the TV as well so bring samples of any shows you want to plug).

Late afternoon, once everyone's at a stopping point, we spin up the "Name that Anime Hair" contest (which is essentially what it sounds like). Often times there's also a "Name that Anime Tune" or other game(s) that happens thereafter but there is a prize pool of sorts. I usually have a cache of goodies set aside for these events and people often bring their own things to add to the goodie pile as well so there's usually quite a variety of things to choose from should you win.

So, all you need to to is just let me know that you're coming so that I know how much stuff to have ready. If anyone has any special ideas to celebrate our 10th then please post them here (or pm me if they're too amazing to spoil) and, if some of you want to bring food or beverages then feel free to hijack this thread to coordinate what to bring with everyone else.

More details to follow. Kampai!
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Re: Tenth Anniversary Gathering!

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sun May 19, 2013 9:51 pm

I'd be willing to put together the name that anime song again unless Matt want's it back :D
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Mon May 20, 2013 8:13 am

ZeroRyoko1974 wrote:I'd be willing to put together the name that anime song again unless Matt want's it back :D

It's probably better if someone who's more in touch with current shows than I am does it, so I will pass the torch with gratitude. Besides, that way I get to play. :twisted:

Tim, as always, thanks very kindly for all your trouble!
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby Kokon Tozai » Mon May 20, 2013 8:16 am

Yatta!
In my mind, I'm there already! The tenth anniversary is the gift of tin.Seems like we should watch some Adventures of Tin Tin. But that's not exactly Japanese I guess so never mind.
To watch Anime is life. All else is merely waiting.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Mon May 20, 2013 7:43 pm

I got an a couple of anime that came in collectible tin's like School Rumble, Akira, Voltron, SAC movie
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby Tsunami3k » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:56 pm

So really, only 4 for our 10th? Chief, ca_jas, Aldric, Kaworu5, BishieSerge, Joker...anyone? Where the heck is everyone?
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby ca_jas » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:37 am

I should be free! I just am dependent on a ride since the KS bus don't run on Saturday :P
ca_jas
Anime Connoisseur

Postby E_HOBA_666 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:57 am

Sounds interesting.
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/- [---JUMP-GATE---] -/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-
E_HOBA_666

Postby Tsunami3k » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:05 am

E_HOBA_666 wrote:Sounds interesting.

Do it!!!
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby bakamatt » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:54 pm

You know, Tim, you might have included a few more of the typical possibilities to your initial attendance poll. Like "One person plus one person if the baby lamb is weaned by then." That's my actual status, and I can't be the only person in the club who's bottle-raising young livestock at home.

It's that kind of exclusivity that gives anime fans a black eye among the general populace. Geez.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:38 pm

ca_jas wrote:I should be free! I just am dependent on a ride since the KS bus don't run on Saturday :P

I could give you a ride and there are a few busses I think that go to ward pk way or waldo
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby ca_jas » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:27 pm

ZeroRyoko1974 wrote:
ca_jas wrote:I should be free! I just am dependent on a ride since the KS bus don't run on Saturday :P

I could give you a ride and there are a few busses I think that go to ward pk way or waldo

Ya I can get to Waldo easily. Much appreciated!!!
ca_jas
Anime Connoisseur

Postby Chief » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:16 pm

Hey there!!

Bakamatt actually invited me to this in person the other day. :)

I've been holding off on RSVP-ing because I'm getting eye surgery. Tomorrow. I don't know where I'll be at in the healing process at the time of the party, but I know I won't be able to take off of work to attend like I wanted to since I need the money to pay for my eyeballs.

If I do manage to make it, it'll be around 6:30.

I'm a bundle of anxiety right now...LOL. I'm having the surgery done at Durrie Vision in Overland Park - do any of you know someone who's been there?
Chief
Anime Aficionado

Postby Tsunami3k » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:26 pm

A guy at work just got surface ablation LASIK done there literally last week.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby Chief » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:48 pm

Tsunami3k wrote:A guy at work just got surface ablation LASIK done there literally last week.

So it went well then?
Chief
Anime Aficionado

Next

Return to Event Discussion