Screenland is moving...

Event information, Information, Meeting Recaps, Conventions, Personal Events, Parties.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, Kokon Tozai

Screenland is moving...

Postby Tsunami3k » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:57 am

The Screenland Crossroads is sad/excited to announce that we will be moving locations effective May 17th. This "original" Screenland location at 1656 Washington Street, a Kansas City gem, has successfully operated for the past 9 years at this location. Unfortunately, in trying to extend our lease, the landlord has firmly stated our rent would increase by 300%. This is simply not feasible for any small business.

But, fret not! The Screenland Crossroads will return! We are working closely with Screenland's founder, Butch Rigby to find a new location to move our operations. This new location will be built to spec including the retro arcade, event space, and a custom built theater.

In the meantime, please visit our location for all of the fun events scheduled through May, 17th. And don't forget to visit our recently updated sister locations at Crown Center, and the Screenland at Armour. follow us on Facebook and Twitter for up-to-date news and information.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Re: Screenland is moving...

Postby bakamatt » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:16 am

Nice catch on the news. Built to spec, exciting! Hope it all works out, and I won't mind if they end up somewhere a little more convenient, too.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Re: Screenland is moving...

Postby TectonicMuse » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:45 pm

Interesting! I hope everything goes smoothly. I'll be awaiting developments with baited breath.
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado

Return to Event Discussion