Sakura Doujin: Project Snap Fig

Artbooks, autographs, figures, models, posters and other expressions of fandom.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, Aldric

Sakura Doujin: Project Snap Fig

Postby Tsunami3k » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:49 am

So there's a relatively young online anime fandom site called Sakura Doujin. As one might expect from a newer site, their topics of coverage are fairly random. Among those topics is figure photography. Their contribution pool has been pretty limited and their stylistic tastes lean heavily towards "hipster" but it's neat to see a site give the hobby some attention. Beyond that they've decided to further stir up interest by creating non-profit, crowd-funded figure photo book: Project Snap Fig.

I'm not here to pimp it but it's neat to see since I've only ever seen one other figure photo book [that I picked up a few years ago] on Amazon called Anime Figures: Tokyo's Top 50 Anime Figures. It was a pretty small book and it didn't give many details about the photos themselves whereas this new one will be pretty good sized with lots of details. I've got an entry in this book as well but I guess it wasn't cool enough to make the cut for the Indiegogo page or the deluxe prints. Even still, it'll be neat to see in a book like this.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Re: Sakura Doujin: Project Snap Fig

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:52 am

If they don't think your photos are good enough, they are not very good :evil:
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby Tsunami3k » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:32 am

I guess I'm just no cool enough. ;D It's funny that they explicitly said that they wouldn't accept any Instagram submissions yet most of their selections have that pukey color wash that's been so trendy in recent years or are grossly over-saturated. But, hey, their book, their choice right? At least I got an entry in it. It also might just be that my submission was among the raciest of the entire collection since it was that Range Murta girl on the orange bench (which I believe Matt called "torchy").
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby Tsunami3k » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:11 am

Just 2h left to get your own slice of awesomeness!
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:27 am

The only made about a 1/3 of their requested funding. I think the guy making potato salad got that much
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Return to Collectibles