discussion area for conventions?

Want to see something new, something different... is something broken. Please let us know.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, Kokon Tozai

discussion area for conventions?

Postby Decultured » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:14 am

I am new here, so forgive me if I am missing something, but I was going to post about an upcoming convention I was attending (Sogen Con) and noticed there was not a forum area for discussing convention related information. I think a sub-forum for anime convention related topics, maybe under the events section, would be a good addition to the site.

Personally, I love anime conventions, they are one of my favorite aspects of the fandom and have attended 5 so far this year with 2 more to go. I would love to talk to other people in the group about different conventions they have been to, what events at conventions people enjoy the most, planning future convention trips, etc.

Anyway, just an observation :D
Decultured
Anime Fan

Postby Tsunami3k » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:32 am

Actually you already called it. It's the one under Events labeled:

Event Discussion
Event information, Information, Meeting Recaps, Conventions, Personal Events, Parties.

We've only just created some of the forums, including this one, so if it's ambiguously named or labeled then maybe we can do a little more tweaking to fix that. We have few enough convention specific posts that it's probably not practical in the near future to create a separate forum, particularly when we have such a long list now.

If we can implement collapsible forum groups in the near future so that people won't have to scroll so much then it will be a lot easier to create these types of very focused forums but for now we're trying to be relatively selective.

But no worries, there's no way we'll miss your post so post away.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby Decultured » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:42 am

Ahh... I figured I was overlooking something, somehow I missed that when I was looking through the topics! Thanks for pointing it out! :D
Decultured
Anime Fan

Return to Suggestions