Ready Player One

TV, Books, Movies...

Moderators: Tsunami3k, Kokon Tozai

Ready Player One

Postby Kokon Tozai » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:15 am

Just like The Hunger Games, Ready Player One is a young adult adventure fantasy movie that I was not aware of until it went big time. Looks to be quite good & if you haven't seen the trailer do it now & watch close for Gundam!

https://youtu.be/cSp1dM2Vj48
To watch Anime is life. All else is merely waiting.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Re: Ready Player One

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:50 am

Also Kaneda's motorcycle, the Iron Giant, Freddie Krueger, the A-Team van, the DeLorean, Christine and many other things http://collider.com/ready-player-one-tr ... -spielberg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlineImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby Tsunami3k » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:49 pm

Hah, I saw Tracer in there too. Not sure Overwatch will still be relevant in the 2040s but it looks like a fun ride. I might have to make my rare trek to the theater to catch this one.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby Kokon Tozai » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:53 pm

The alternate/virtual reality concept for a story is so well worn it's a cliche. The first movie I remember relying on this was early 80's Brainstorm. Then Lawnmower Man, Tron certainly counts. There must be many others I'm not aware of. The real skill in storytelling is how believable it seems and what a new generation of audience would find relatable.

As for Ready Player One, the clip is pretty good & I love the music with it. Stranger Things, Deadpool, GotG, seems like everyone is falling in love with 80's music again!
To watch Anime is life. All else is merely waiting.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Return to Entertainment