ASK-C Recommends

A place to post reviews and opinions on various anime series.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Re: ASK-C Recommends

Postby TectonicMuse » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:38 pm

M-Theory, it looks like our tastes overlap quite a bit.
If I had to choose, my current top five might be:

1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Metropolis
3. GITS:SAC
4. Nichijou
5. Monster

This is a loose list at best.
The First three are early favorites that I can't get out of my head.
Nichijou is a recent find that strikes my exact taste in comedy (something that seemed impossible to me for a while).

Monster is... Well It's pretty long, but was able to keep me both interested and guessing for the entire time.
It's not flashy, and the animation style leaves something to be desired. Heck, even the character development can be slow at times;
But it's a good drama nonetheless that starts and ends in very different places.

I really love soul eater, but there are things that put irreparably me at odds with the show
-certain pet peeves I've got that become a bigger deal the bigger the show if you get my drift.
If not, well, then
Spoiler: show
I couldn't swallow that ending and screw the writers who chose it. The first half promised a lot, and the second half delivered crumbs.
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:08 pm

ZeroRyoko1974 wrote:I would recommend Madoka to anyone. It is a great series. Couple of other recent anime I would recommend would be Highschool of the Dead, Squid Girl, Natsume Yujinchou, and Steins;Gate. Not recent, but If you want something relaxing and easy going, Aria (not Aria the Scarlet Ammo).

Few recent recommends... Kill La Kill, Mushishi season 2, Little Witch Academia, Bakuman, Jormungand
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby Kokon Tozai » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:36 am

Wow. Proof positive threads never die on ASK-C.
Good recommendations of course. Last night Tim tipped me off to Amazing Nuts. Anyone else seen it?
To watch Anime is life. All else is merely waiting.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby Tsunami3k » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:51 pm

That was a user-specific recommendation. ;D A couple were good and a couple were meh but all in all I know that you enjoy, more than most, some of the more abstract stuff. Not that anyone else couldn't enjoy Amazing Nuts but I suspect most would have to be in the right anthology mindset.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:45 am

That is usually the case with anthologies. Robot Carnival, Genius Party, Animatrix, or that Batman anime anthology, but that one was mostly bad.
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Previous

Return to Anime Reviews