Macross 7

A place to post reviews and opinions on various anime series.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Macross 7

Postby E_HOBA_666 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:25 am

Any fans here?

I'm a long-time Macross & Robotech fan, but I never watched any Macross 7. Everything about it seemed unappealing to me, but since I have been making a bunch of mecha GIFs for my blog recently I made a point to sit down with M7 in hopes to make some cool clips. Unfortunately this has turned into a nightmare. I have a wildly open mind when it comes to anime, but this one is just plain terrible. The characters are appalling, the music is horrid, the plot is paper-thin, and every combat scene so far is simply regurgitated footage from the first episode over and over again. I know this anime has a huge fanbase of die-hards but I just don't get it. What do people see in this show aside from the cool mechs? It's literally the worst show I have ever watched. Anyway, I have managed to make a few decent GIFs so far:

I'll see if I can suffer through the rest of the show enough to make some more. Here's more GIFs from my site, most of which are Gundam, etc.
http://jump-gate.tumblr.com/tagged/my-gifs

PS - sorry if this post takes a while to load for some of you :mrgreen:
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/- [---JUMP-GATE---] -/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-
E_HOBA_666

Re: Macross 7

Postby Tsunami3k » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:37 pm

I'm a big fan of Macross Plus and I also liked SDF Macross but for whatever reason the highly touted Do You Remember Love fell flat for me. I haven't seen Macross 7 likely for the same reasons you've avoided it. Curiousity will get the best of me one day I'm sure and I'll check it out. Thanks to your gifs I can now hold out hope that it's at least got some decent action scenes.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Re: Macross 7

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:42 pm

i saw a few episodes on vhs years ago. i liked the music. cant say i hated iut but it wasnt that special. The opening song for hunter x hunter reminds me of it. Was more a fan of original and Macross Frontier. DYRL was great to imho
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Return to Anime Reviews