Kurokami Blu Ray

A place to post reviews and opinions on various anime series.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Kurokami Blu Ray

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Wed May 19, 2010 8:47 pm

So, I was in Best Buy and looking for some anime to buy. I noticed Kurokami on Blu Ray. It was only 4 episodes, but it was only 20 bucks, and the dvd version was like 35 for 6 episodes. I was like, well the blu ray should be better, and it was cheaper. I had seen a couple episodes fansubbed when it aired and thought it was interesting. I got home and added it to the pile of other unwatched stuff :lol: so some time later (tonight), I open it up and stick it in. It comes up to the main menu, and I am like hmmm, why is there no option to choose language. Maybe it is sub only. Hmm, let's check out trailers. Oh, gurren lagann trailer. Wonder if it is HD. Nope. Well, time to start the show. WTF, it's dubbed. Damnit, where is the Japanese audio. Grrrr. Video quality is not great, but the GL video looked terrible, so I guess it's high def. So I did some searching, and found that dub only was by request of the licensor. Why the dvd's have bilingual then is kind of weird. Pretty fail, and the dub is kind of meh, but I paid for it, so I guess I will try suffering through it :evil:
http://www.mania.com/kurokami-bluray-ex ... 18809.html
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby Aldric » Thu May 20, 2010 8:27 am

Ouch, more reverse import woes probably, since blu-ray japan is the same region as here. There were a lot of funky things that have happened with the licence for Kurokami
Ben in real life
Aldric
Anime Connoisseur

Return to Anime Reviews