Chris Beveredge "10 Reasons why slayers sucks"

A place to post reviews and opinions on various anime series.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Chris Beveredge "10 Reasons why slayers sucks"

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:14 am

So aparently since he sold out to mania.com he has the time to post crap like 10 reasons why Slayers sucks and not worry about any repercusions. He must be training under sith lord Zac the Answertroll. I am not a huge fan of Slayers but it certainly is far from sucking, but what irked me was taking a shot at Megumi the greatest VA of all time
http://www.mania.com/ten-reasons-slayer ... 16277.html
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:28 am

Of course I'm going to take umbrage, since I'm a huge Slayers fan, but an awful lot of this collapsed into "it sucks 'cause I don't like it."

Some of his complaints are legitimate, but none of those matters pulls the show down into suckdom. Petty crap, not impressed, not persuaded.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:39 pm

I found it odd that basically his reason number 10 the Lina boob jokes, kind of directly confilicts with reason number two about loving the Nagi character who was a walking boobs joke herself
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby Chief » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:59 pm

I'm watching Slayers for the first time (gotta love R1 economy box sets), and I don't think it sucks either. I was thinking that it would be a fantastic show for parents to watch with younger children.

As for Chris? I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought #10 and #2 contradicted themselves...I wonder why someone hasn't made a "Top 10 Reasons Why Chris Beverage Is No Longer Relevant."

-Using "'nuff said" as a way to justify anything really means you had a list of nine and are just trying to round out the list with a cliche which didn't make any sense in the first place

-Doesn't even have his own website anymore because he sold out to the man.

Hmm...maybe he's so irrelevant that I could only come up with two things to say about him. :p
Chief
Anime Aficionado

Postby Aldric » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:14 pm

What I find funny is that people still link to, read, and then discuss his articles. Therefor increasing his relevance. Best way to get rid of a writer/reviewer you don't like. Stop reading and discussing their stuff. Just sayin' ;)
Ben in real life
Aldric
Anime Connoisseur

Five Reasons Slayers Doesn't Suck

Postby Tsunami3k » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:05 pm

I'm guessing CB got a lot of flack for his surprisingly weak article and has responded with: "As much as I do have problems with Slayers and its general framework, there are things to like about it as well and I do like trying to balance criticism with praise."

http://www.mania.com/five-reasons-slayers-doesnt-suck_article_118249.html

Five reasons doth make for rather faint praise but maybe the pair of articles taken as a whole will spare him the retort of: "10 Reasons Why Chris Beverage's Reviews Suck".*

*Not that I'm necessarily of that opinion but these were surprisingly amateurish given the well-seasoned author.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Return to Anime Reviews