Berserk

A place to post reviews and opinions on various anime series.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Berserk

Postby Borgon » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:43 pm

Okay, I admit I was bouncing between this title and Basilisk and I choose Berserk just off a feel, and as usual I thought i might have made a mistake as the series didn't really appeal to me at first, but by disc 5 of the series (yes when I go on an Anime Binge I go on an Anime binge, this will be the second series I've completed in the last 3 days) I was totally involved, aside from a lead character who's name is Guts, I mean comeon lets have abit more name creativty, but the series so far has been very enjoyable. more on it later maybe, now on to disc 6!
Life is not a dream, it's a live action Anime
Borgon
Anime Enthusiast

Postby Borgon » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:02 am

Okay so I watched the last disc, and I won't give any total spoilers except to say there are some series that should come with a prescription of Prozac....

The entire last disc went somewhere I wasn't expecting and well, without giving much away I haven't felt this way after an Anime since Jin-roh, on an emotional level.

While it's still a very good series in my opinion, and the ending doesn't detract from that, infact it's one of the reasons I love anime is never knowing how something will end, but I was going to watch XXXholic after that BUT now I'm going to watch some fluff comedy, i need an emotional pick me up.....

Berserk, while very good, is also very violent and definitely not for someone who likes to laugh or expects they all lived happily ever after endings.
Life is not a dream, it's a live action Anime
Borgon
Anime Enthusiast

Return to Anime Reviews