A Personal Favorite.

Asian food, have a recipe or a good restaurant that you found in the area... Share!

Moderators: Tsunami3k, Kokon Tozai

A Personal Favorite.

Postby TectonicMuse » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:56 pm

There is a small Restaurant at 75th and Wornall on the Missouri Side Called the "Kokoro Maki House" It's run by a korean family of 4 (maybe 5) and Is Probably The Best Place I've eaten at in long long time. It's reasonably priced at between 5 and 10 dollars to get full and they serve sushi as well as many various dishes that are all incredible (I like the spicy pork). The Family is Freindly and very very good at what they do. If you ever have the time and the money, and want quality amazing tasting food in a clean place, then I highly suggest you give them a try. I may never eat Chinese food again. :o
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:15 am

I have been in there a few times. It is a nice little place. It used to be a Blimpies (I worked there :lol: )
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby EveryNameTaken » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:26 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I might just make the trip up there this afternoon.
EveryNameTaken
Anime Aficionado

Postby Aldric » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:46 pm

I've actually been there before as well, there are several people at work that go there occasionally.

I had a ramen set and it was fairly decent, especially for the price, I don't know if I'd call the sushi very good though, but that might have just been that one time I've been there.

I might pay it a visit again, it's not very far off my long trek home from work.
Aldric
Anime Connoisseur

Postby EveryNameTaken » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:09 pm

Made the trip up there, but didn't realize they were closed on Sundays. Will have to find another time.

In other news, I discovered Waldo Pizza, and life got much better.
EveryNameTaken
Anime Aficionado

Postby TectonicMuse » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:25 pm

Yeah sorry I forgot to mention that.

Well, I wouldn't say by a long shot that it's the best sushi i've ever had,

but they've got some interesting things that I've never had anywhere else. for example try the New york roll if you go, it's a small salmon roll with apple in it.

It used to be a blimpies? wow I had no idea! I guess the shape of the place sort of lends itself to a sandwich shop though....
How long ago was that? I know that the people who run it now took it over for another asian food place that had been closed for a long time, but I had never really payed that much attention to the area before that.
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:27 am

Hmmm, it's been a few years. The guy who ran the Blimpies owned it with his wife, and when they got divorced they sold the place. I don't recall it being anything else.
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby TectonicMuse » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:15 pm

ah I see.... Well it's entirely possible that my memory is wrong. It's been a while I guess.

huh... it's too bad that happened. But I guess if that wouldn't have happened, kokoro maki probably wouldn't be around today.
So did you find another job okay?
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado

Postby Bishie Serge » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:49 pm

I really like what Kokoro has evolved into. Between it's current form and Blimpies it was a Teriyaki place that also had some sushi.
Now it serves delicious Korean food with the sushi. I love the Dolsot Bibimbap.
Stuff I'm into at the moment: Geeknights, Anime World Order, Nerdy Show ,and baking.
Bishie Serge
Anime Aficionado

Postby TectonicMuse » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:32 pm

Bishie Serge wrote:Between it's current form and Blimpies it was a Teriyaki place that also had some sushi.

Ah I see. So that's why I was confused. I'll have to try that next time I go Bishie, thanks.
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado

Return to Chopsticks