Another candy sushi recipe

Asian food, have a recipe or a good restaurant that you found in the area... Share!

Moderators: Tsunami3k, Kokon Tozai

Another candy sushi recipe

Postby phoenix » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:16 am

Not to try to out do Matt and his candy sushi, but while flipping through a co-worker's Everyday With Rachael Ray magazine I found a recipe for candy sushi.

It is essentially a rice crispie wrapped around a twizzler and wrapped in fruit roll up cut into bite sized sushi pieces. Yum!
phoenix
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby tychocat2003 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:34 am

Not to try to out do Matt and his candy sushi, but while flipping through a co-worker's Everyday With Rachael Ray magazine I found a recipe for candy sushi.

I would point out I found the Twinkie sushi.

I've actually been holding a dark secret all these years. It's possibly the ultimate gaijin sushi recipe, yet it uses some raw ingredients. And it's utterly accessible.

Chocolate-chip cookie-dough sushi.

Make your dough, chill if needed for easy handling, and roll in rice Krispies cereal. There's the raw-ingredients over rice symbolism as well. Some people have speculated on using Rice Crispies Treats as the base for the cookie-dough, but that's too rich for me.

I hate the idea meself, and I don't even like chocolate-chip cookie-dough ice cream. But, some friends swear by it, I think largely to drive me out of the house.

Standard disclaimers about eating raw or under-cooked ingredients apply. Tax and license not included. Your mileage may vary.[/quote]
tychocat2003
Anime Connoisseur

Postby bakamatt » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:53 am

Let me be clear: I claim no credit for any aspect of Twinkie sushi except that I actually took the trouble to make the stuff and bring it to a screening. I thought it was gross and don't intend to do so again, though I was pleased by how well it was received in general.

Rice Krispies over cookie dough, on the other hand, sounds like a win, as long as the dough doesn't incorporate raw eggs - or I don't know that it does.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby phoenix » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:30 pm

tychocat2003 wrote:I would point out I found the Twinkie sushi.

:oops: I apologize for the oversight, Tycho. I do remember your post. I guess since it was Matt who actually made the sushi so I attributed it to him.

Now cookie dough/rice krispie sushi sounds like something right up my alley.
phoenix
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby phoenix » Sat May 19, 2007 7:10 pm

I don't know why I like candy sushi recipes so much. I guess they just look neat.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Candy-Sushi
phoenix
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby bakamatt » Sun May 20, 2007 7:27 am

Those are pretty.

If there was an alternative to the fruit roll-ups, I might could find these a whole lot more tasty - the tartness just conflicts with the sweet taste of the fillers in a way I can't handle.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Return to Chopsticks