Domino's Pizza .jp

History and customs of Asia, mondern or ancient, and their relevance to anime and manga.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, Kokon Tozai

Domino's Pizza .jp

Postby Kokon Tozai » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:03 pm

So one of my home pages is Japan Today. For the last few days there's been a huge banner ad running for Domino's Pizza. Like the rest of the page it's in English & I thought it's just advertising targeted at local USA customers. But when I clicked through sure enough it was for the Japanese franchise. Text in English, prices in Yen. It was for an Independence Day discount offer.

The popularity of Western fast food is well known but I just thought this was a little odd. I will make the assumption that most readers of J Today are American or European with an interest in Japan. What good could that ad do? Or maybe there are expats living in Japan that read that website too? And what to make of a 4th of July special price. The Japanese celebrate Christmas, Halloween but not Thanksgiving or Independence Day I think.

At any rate I would jump at the chance to try the special Quattro pizza with octopus, avocado and honeyed ham. Yum yum said the Gremlin.

http://www.dominos.jp/eng/
To watch Anime is life. All else is merely waiting.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Re: Donio's Pizza .JP

Postby bakamatt » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:42 am

I presume they're advertising to English-speaking expats. And maybe hip Japanese nationals who want to "order American."
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Re: Domino's Pizza .jp

Postby Kokon Tozai » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:07 pm

And maybe hip Japanese nationals who want to "order American."

Interesting. I hadn't considered that angle.
To watch Anime is life. All else is merely waiting.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Return to History and Customs