Move Posters of Sequels that Never Were

JPop, JRock, anime soundtracks, Hong Kong films, martial arts, Korean drama, Bollywood...whatever you enjoy.

Moderators: Aldric, Kokon Tozai

Move Posters of Sequels that Never Were

Postby Tsunami3k » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:42 pm

There are a couple of anime inclusions in here but there are a bunch of really well done ones all around:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/18/7239725/iron-giant-fight-club-sequel-posters
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Re: Move Posters of Sequels that Never Were

Postby ca_jas » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:41 am

That was really cool!

Was there supposedly a sequel to Totoro made that was only shown in the Ghibli museum?
ca_jas
Anime Connoisseur

Postby Kokon Tozai » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:21 am

Bigger Trouble in Little China is one of the best examples of terrible fan art I've seen. Much better stuff than this including fan sequel scripts, fan music, etc at wingkong.net

Labyrinth 2 is stunning so many other good ones. There are some real winners here maybe a few worth printing out & putting up.
To watch Anime is life. All else is merely waiting.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby bakamatt » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:34 pm

Some lovely work in there. At first blush it seems like a bit of an odd hobby to me, but a lot of people love one-sheets and movie art in general.

Weird how some movies attract such a rabid following. I know people who loved (maybe still do) Buckaroo Banzai, but it bored the socks off me. And Barbarella? In the mid-'80's we'd go see it at the art house theater in a double-feature with something else we wanted to see more like the 1980 Flash Gordon, but it's uniquely Euro-pretentious dopey and cheesy. A glimpse of Jane Fonda's nipples can only carry a movie so far.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby ca_jas » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:55 am

bakamatt wrote:Some lovely work in there. At first blush it seems like a bit of an odd hobby to me, but a lot of people love one-sheets and movie art in general.

To me it also seems like an odd hobby. I know that some illustration colleges have assignments like this, I saw a lot of them when I was checking out different schools way back when.
ca_jas
Anime Connoisseur

Postby TectonicMuse » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:58 am

Fight Club 2 might not actually be too long away, now that the novel is being followed up by a comic series by the same writer.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movi ... /12735275/
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado

Return to Music and Movies