TRANSFER

JPop, JRock, anime soundtracks, Hong Kong films, martial arts, Korean drama, Bollywood...whatever you enjoy.

Moderators: Aldric, Kokon Tozai

TRANSFER

Postby Kokon Tozai » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:57 pm

OK, when I watch a music video it's usually the video that fails to live up to what I imagine from the music. I'd say this time the music & visuals link up beautifully.
From J Today:
TOKYO —

You know something’s a hit when people all over the world are taking to their keyboards to express their amazement.

Created by music group Ongaku Unit and featuring the vocal talents of hugely-popular voice actor and singer Megumi Nakajima, the video, titled “Transfer”, has already found much love abroad, with many claiming that the video is nothing short of “a revolution” and “the future of music videos.”

Don't know if I'd call it a revolution but damn it just gets better as the video goes on & after subsequent viewings.

To watch Anime is life. All else is merely waiting.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Re: TRANSFER

Postby bakamatt » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:30 am

If I had to work that hard to get to school, I'd want more than a lousy couple of pieces of toast.

Ver' interesting, Scott. No, I won't call it "revolutionary" either, but well worth a look!
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby TectonicMuse » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:43 am

Good find. Wasn't sure what to expect at first.
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado

Postby Tsunami3k » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:35 pm

Very clever. It's a bit like the Star Wars Kid meets Groundhog Day. Great find Mr. Scott!
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby Kokon Tozai » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:01 pm

I think it has a very strong Girl Who Leapt Through Time vibe to it. The band I'm totally unfamiliar with but will be checking into. Pretty good song.
To watch Anime is life. All else is merely waiting.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby ca_jas » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:39 am

Finally got around to watching it, very cool. Favorite scenes were the graffiti town followed by the digital grid version.
ca_jas
Anime Connoisseur

Return to Music and Movies