Claris on iTunes U.S.

JPop, JRock, anime soundtracks, Hong Kong films, martial arts, Korean drama, Bollywood...whatever you enjoy.

Moderators: Aldric, Kokon Tozai

Claris on iTunes U.S.

Postby bakamatt » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:20 am

As was announced on ANN a few weeks ago, Claris' new album, Birthday, is available on iTunes U.S. This includes two high-profile anime themes that I know of, "Irony" (Oreimo) and "Connect" (Lyrical Nanoha). I'm actually liking just about every track on the album, and getting it from iTunes means I've replaced two of my gendou songs with ones I've actually paid for.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Re: Claris on iTunes U.S.

Postby Tsunami3k » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:01 pm

bakamatt wrote:...and "Connect" (Lyrical Nanoha)...

Is it correct for me to presume that you meant Madoka Magica?
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby bakamatt » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:35 pm

Tsunami3k wrote:
bakamatt wrote:...and "Connect" (Lyrical Nanoha)...

Is it correct for me to presume that you meant Madoka Magica?

I thought I meant Nanoha, but as you know I have a penchant for getting those two confused...

Ah, I see. The download from gendou lists the title as "Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica," and on my iPod the whole title doesn't show. So you are correct.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby TectonicMuse » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Very Nice. Thanks for the heads up.
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado

Postby bakamatt » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:40 am

I just got ClariS' second album, Second Story, from iTunes. I'm a bit disappointed; apparently they've found their comfort zone and are staying firmly within it. No tracks I don't like, no standout tracks, just "vanilla ClariS". I put them on my "three star" playlist, which currently has 742 songs and takes me three or four weeks to complete.

A couple of weeks ago I listened to my "four and five star" list: that's too much like crack; I don't dare do it often for fear of getting jaded.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby Tsunami3k » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:42 am

I've been slowly moving to FLAC files which has forced me finally cast off the iTunes yoke. My new software of choice is MusicBee and it offers a similar five star rating system but with half-star increments. I'm basically replicating my rating system from iTunes which sounds very similar to yours. My 4+ playlist is similarly like liquid crack whereas my 3+ list is about triple the playing time. I'm immensely thankful to now have the 3.5+ plus (which at first intuitively seems far to granular) that hits the perfect sweet-spot of quality vs quantity. The downside is that I have over 92 days of unrated tracks to review and I'm not even close to being done re-ripping all of my music.

I'm telling you, these first-world problems are brutal!
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby bakamatt » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:50 am

I've never been a big fan of iTunes either, but I feel stuck with it, or rather, with iPods, if I'm going to have my music at work. ("Shake It" from the Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko character album, 3 stars, playing at the moment.)

I could get a little more granularity out of it; as a sort of historic accident I rate tracks at 2 - 5 stars, not using 1 for no reason any longer meaningful. But, yeah, I've felt the need for more graduations.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:18 am

I've concluded that I was too harsh in my criticism of Second Story; they're mostly quite pleasant tracks that I'm enjoying more on subsequent listenings. And, to be fair, the entire Japanese pop music business is built around the principle of finding your niche and sticking to it like an abalone. (Even more so than American pop, where performers are somewhat encouraged to experiment at least a bit.)

But it remains the case that at this time I feel I have a sufficient supply of ClariS' stuff, and don't anticipate buying any later albums.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Return to Music and Movies