Virtual Idol 2.0

JPop, JRock, anime soundtracks, Hong Kong films, martial arts, Korean drama, Bollywood...whatever you enjoy.

Moderators: Aldric, Kokon Tozai

Virtual Idol 2.0

Postby Tsunami3k » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:24 pm

Miku may have her work cut out for her. Check out the video to see a realtime composite of the best features from several *real* pop idols:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/23/japan-creates-frankenstein-pop-idol-sells-candy/

Ironically enough, this visual effect software might be best complimented by the Vocaloid voice synthesis software that arguably produced the world's first successful virtual idol.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby bakamatt » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:08 pm

Not the creepiest thing to come out of Japan ever but, I think, at least this week.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby Kokon Tozai » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:08 am

Pretty good actually. I agree with the youtube poster about her (almost) unblinking stare at the camera. That's just not natural. Next time the techno/creative talents behind this project will be brainstorming & everyone will be saying " more blinking! More blinking!"

Looking at abilities like this and what they did in the ne TRON movie with Jeff Bridges, the possibilities are endless. Can you imagine a new movie Frankenstein versus the Crow starring Boris Karloff & Brandon Lee?

Oh yeah, also:
http://www.japantoday.com/category/entertainment/view/akb48s-newest-member-turns-out-to-be-computer-generated-image
To watch Anime is life. All else is merely waiting.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby Tsunami3k » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:43 am

Kokon Tozai wrote:Next time the techno/creative talents behind this project will be brainstorming & everyone will be saying " more blinking! More blinking!"

More intensity!
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby bakamatt » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:08 am

The big problem I had with it was the isolation of the features - when a person talks, it has visible consequences all over their face. This didn't work like that.

Although it is impressive. If I didn't know what was going on, I would have thought there was something weird about it, but probably wouldn't have figured out what.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Return to Music and Movies