Blood C

What are you reading and/or excited about!

Moderators: bakamatt, Aldric

Blood C

Postby bakamatt » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:42 am

I've just finished volume 1 of the Blood C manga, and I won't be following it.

Which is a bit of a pity, because I like the art a lot. It's economic and pretty, and the facial expressions are entertaining. (It doesn't look at all default CLAMP to me.)

But the story: utterly generic and dull - blah blah blah ditzy girl fights monsters. The supporting cast: ditto - ditzy girl's ditzy friends, one friend with a brain, sullen mysterious crush. The main character Saya: ditto - hopelessly inept at everything except fighting monsters. Boring. Fortunately, volume 13 of Soul Eater also shipped.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Re: Blood C

Postby ca_jas » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:31 pm

Yeah I hear you. I was interested in Blood C after seeing some wicked gifs online but I could barely get passed the first episode for the reasons you mentioned. I surely couldn't bring myself to check out the manga.
ca_jas
Anime Connoisseur

Postby Tsunami3k » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:20 pm

I'd heard a bunch of people on Google+ plus singing very high praises for Blood+ so I finally got around to watching it. I'd call it a marginally above-average show that fell well short of its potential. So when those people who regarded it so highly tore Blood C apart, then it must be a very dire show indeed. I can't say my expectations are high since Clamp hasn't exactly been on their A-game for years now but I am pleased to hear that they're switching up their art style. So no more hyper-elongated limbs and necks? No more crazy-elaborate hair?
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby ca_jas » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:07 pm

Yeah, see, I think automatically this franchise is way to complicated because of the naming,I was confusing watching Blood C for Blood+. And Blood+ is inspired by Blood: The Last Vampire but has no real connection to it. Too many Bloods, dump the franchise.

Stylistically though it may just be a rotation of artists on the team, instead of an intention stylistic change.
ca_jas
Anime Connoisseur

Postby bakamatt » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:06 am

I'm also unclear on the status of the creators of the Blood C manga viz. the Blood C anime, but I don't think said manga creators are CLAMP staff. Which may be why the art style isn't CLAMP-ish.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Return to Manga News and Reviews