What I'm Reading

What are you reading and/or excited about!

Moderators: bakamatt, Aldric

Re: What I'm Reading

Postby bakamatt » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:02 am

Nisekoi 24 shipped yesterday, as scheduled. I honestly don't know why I'm so into that title, but this was the penultimate volume and when it's done (2 January next year) it's going to leave a little hole in my heart.

I know how it ends, and I'm glad I do.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:01 pm

Big week! Generation Witch 2, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid 5, and My Monster Secret 8. But Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon 8 didn't show. :cry:

I don't usually pick up sealed books on spec, but Dont Meddle With My Daughter volume 1 had a bright and flashy cover that got my attention. It's a superhero book, which are all the rage these days, but what really hooked me was reading that the rival villain organization is called
Spoiler: show
"Blowjob".
I've had a glance inside the wrapping now, and by my standards, it's ecchi as hell. Which won't be enough to keep me around by itself - I already have a guilty pleasure title in the form of Testament of Sister New Devil - but that same casual glance suggests that and the writing together might be enough to carry it. We'll see.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:24 pm

Don't Meddle With My Daughter: nope. 25% story, 75% sleazy. I might have been okay with 50:50.

But Miss Kobayshi's Dragon Maid volume 5: made of win. Lots of relation stuff, the Shouta/Lucoa thing gets somewhat less skeevy, and a big "Awwww..." at the end. Plus, Tohru really nice in yukata.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:30 am

My Monster Secret volume 8: holy jumping yikes, progress! Youko went for it!

Though they'll probably spend all of volume 9 backpedaling...
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:11 pm

Generation Witch volume 2 was as good as 1. Though I'm starting to have a little trouble with the storytelling; either characters are starting to show up in more than one story or I can't tell them apart.

Genshiken Second Season volume 11 continues all the vices I've already complained about regarding this generation of the story. At the very least, it would have been nice to understand how Madarame became such a
Spoiler: show
chick magnet.
And there's still way too much of members hurting one another, deliberately or accidentally, and, at this point, no fannish activities.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Previous

Return to Manga News and Reviews