~tuturu~

New Member Introductions, Club News, Newbie Guidelines, etc.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

~tuturu~

Postby M-theory » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:43 pm

Hello. :)

I've only been watching anime for a couple years, unless you count watching loving and playing Battle of the Planets as a kid. I really enjoy it though. I've seen maybe 35 series, at a guess. So I've still got a lot to see. Which is great. I also play World of Warcraft though so I have to divide my free time between the two. And with the latest WoW expansion still being pretty new, mostly I've been gaming lately. Though I am currently watching Black Butler. It was a spur of the moment choice and it's actually better than I thought it would be.

I like different subgenres, but I tend to gravitate towards dark plots, sci fi, and/or an element of psychological...ness. :D

I've got my husband watching anime with me now, which is kinda cool. We went to Naka Kon this year and have tickets for next year as well. I have an Emma Ai cosplay in the makes, but don't think it's going to be all the way pulled together in time. :(

Anyway, I love anime, I'm glad there are others (even if few) in the area that do too. Nice to meet you all, and look forward to chatting with and learning from ya. Like everything else I'm interested in, I don't just enjoy it....I've got to obsess over it a little and chase information about it. :roll:
M-theory

Re: ~tuturu~

Postby bakamatt » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:39 pm

Howdy, M, and thanks for posting!

My wife was neck-deep in Warcraft for some time too. (I was never more than waist-deep, myself.) We can't play right now, as we live in the country and have to use the Hughes Net satellite for access, which is way too slow for online gaming. So she's been relying on Dragon Age and Skyrim instead.

Good on your husband for watching too. We watch some stuff together (a re-watch of the original Tenchi Muyo OVA at the moment).

Considering the size of the population pool we're pulling from, we do okay for anime activities here. Take a look at BretDM's intro thread right below this one for a summary, and the "Events" folder.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby ca_jas » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Welcome to the forums.

I think we have a lot of people here with different interests so our knowledge of anime has a lot of variety. Hopefully there's a ton of information for you to chase here~
ca_jas
Anime Connoisseur

Postby Tsunami3k » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:50 pm

Hey, I'm a fan of psychological....ness too. ;D I'm glad you found us! Sometimes someone will start a spontaneous thread and some good information can come from the discussion, other times it never hurts to start one off with a question. Whatever we make lack in knowledge we more than make up with wind, fire, all that kind of thing.

I'm looking forward to Naka-Kon. I hope your cosplay outfit comes together by then!
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby M-theory » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:16 pm

Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

I did check out the events, the Japanese Festival was one I'd not heard of before so I will look for it next time. We were going to go to Motaku this summer, but then my car decided to break down so all our fun money went to repairing it. Which is nowhere near my definition of fun.

So thanks, I'll keep an eye on discussions and if I have any questions or curiosity I'll ask, just forgive my newbness please.

Wind, fire, all that kind of thing? Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sen-sational. :lol:
M-theory

Postby Tsunami3k » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:37 pm

Haha, you got the reference! We'll get along nicely! ;D
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Return to Introductions and Forum News