New Guy here

New Member Introductions, Club News, Newbie Guidelines, etc.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

New Guy here

Postby Rogarthered » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:55 am

Konichiwa!
Kumusta Ka (I know I switched languages up lol)
well anyway I am a new user just registered here, cool to actually find some place here in KC that anime lovers can meet at, truth be told I thought it was a deadzone, outside of nakakon and motaku there aren't exactly many places you can find anime lovers.
Well anyway I'm Roger H, but my friends call me Rogar, or R.L, I was on a couple old sites the now infamous Animetribe, where I was one of the regulars doing anime reviews. And well Anihub, but since the mod is a twit and let the place go to hell, now not so much.
I collect anime, I have a lot Over two terrabytes on my externals, and a decent collection on DVD. Its my dream to review every anime ever made lol. I am also a budding cosplayer, I have done two costumes really worth note, one was a zombie David Bowie I did Junior year at my theatre's costume party, the other is Frank the Rabbit from Donnie Darko.
So do we have any cosplayers or anime nuts out there? I'm from Excelsior Springs so its well kinda dead up here.
Any place where an anime club exists?
Well later for now,
Roger H3R2BZ
Rogarthered

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:51 am

Welcome to the forums Roger
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby TheFugue » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:51 pm

I'm only a few weeks old myself, but welcome to the forums!

No, I don't cosplay, but I am a huge anime fan, video gamer, and pen'n'paper gamer. So, outta curiosity, what are some of your favorite anime? (inevitable question!)

-TheFugue
TheFugue

Re: New Guy here

Postby bakamatt » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:08 am

Rogarthered wrote:Over two terrabytes on my externals,

Out of curiosity, how many episodes or series does that represent?
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:53 am

Average show is about 150-200Mb if it is Xvid encoded AVI (low res). High res mkv files can be 250-300Mb, and sometimes larger. One particular fansub group called gg issued like a 600Mb episode of Macross F, I think it was 1600x1080 resolution or something stupid. Most shows lately are 12-13 episodes, and a few 26 ep shows. If you collect all the eps for Naruto and Bleach or other Shonen Jump (Prince of Tennis, One Piece, Gintama), it can quickly fill a drive. A 13 ep series is usually 2-3Gb, so potentially you could have 300-500 13 ep series per Tb if they are xvid. But we all know that hard drive mfr/Microsoft can't count, and a Tb drive is probably actually about 800Mb probably so you lose some. I will have to look, but I bout I don't think I got a 100 series on my 500Mb drive (closer to 450 after formatting). I know I am getting close to full on it and have had to delete a couple of series here and there.
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby Rogarthered » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:31 am

bakamatt wrote:
Rogarthered wrote:Over two terrabytes on my externals,

Out of curiosity, how many episodes or series does that represent?

The Biggest Memory Hogs on the setup is all 5 seasons of Sailor Moon+The Movies, both in straight Japanese no subtitles,and then the same thing Dubbed, the Jap is 50 Gigs, and the dub is 55, Revolutionary Girl Utena+The Movie is 45 gigs, I have all of Love Hina, Naruto up until Shippuden, Lupin the Third Dubbed, Happy Lesson The Final (I have the OVA's, regular, and Advance on DVD), and a bunch of other stuff, Anime occupies about 90% of the drive space is anime, but the remaining space is anime screen shots, and stuff I made short renderings and animation lol.
<marquee><red>Anime is the life blood of ASK-C</red></marquee>
Rogarthered

Postby Bishie Serge » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:04 pm

Welcome to the forums, Roger. I hope you will find a good home among this group of geeks.
Rogarthered wrote:Revolutionary Girl Utena+The Movie is 45 gigs
I may have to bring my external by if we are ever at the same meetup. I've bought all the Utena I've come across, but it is annoyingly out of print.

Piracy is bad, folks. MMkay?
Stuff I'm into at the moment: Geeknights, Anime World Order, Nerdy Show ,and baking.
Bishie Serge
Anime Aficionado

Return to Introductions and Forum News