Greetings!

New Member Introductions, Club News, Newbie Guidelines, etc.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Greetings!

Postby cori » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:33 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Cori!
I'm 2x years old, female.
I'm currently residing in North Kansas City. I'm not originally from around here though, I've only been living here for a year now.
My main interests are cosplay and video games, but I do still love anime, jmusic, lolita and manga.
I've been into Japanese stuff for over 10 years now, yeesh.

Some of my favourite titles include but are not limited to (not to mention subject to change):
video games: Final Fantasy VI and IX, Fire Emblem series, Super Mario Bros and Wild ARMS3.
Anime: Rurouni Kenshin, Gunbuster/Diebuster, Mobile Suit Gundam, Princess Tutu, Tactics, Midori no hibi and Hajime no Ippo
Manga: Angel densetsu, Tsubasa, Tokyo Babylon, maybe Air Gear on a good day
Music: Pierrot, RAG FAIR, RIP Slyme, B'z and access

I've been doing the con thing for several years now and I've lost count as to how many I've attended, but it includes both coasts and Canada. Psh Canada.

I think I'm pretty friendly, and I hope to see y'all around!
Cori's White Mage/Summoner Service
Burnin' and Healin' since 1992
cori

Postby Tsunami3k » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:31 pm

Welcome to the forums Cori! I haven't cracked the Gundam franchise yet but I love Gunbuster/Diebuster and Princess Tutu too. You've got some pretty diverse taste which is pretty neat to see.

I'm not well versed in the bands you've listed save RIP Slyme's intro for Gantz which I listened to one the way home from work today actually.

I've only been to some of the more local cons so maybe someone more experienced like you could share your opinion on which ones are the best ones to go to. From what I gather they can very quite a bit in style and focus even among cons of similar size.

I'm glad you found us and I look forward to seeing more posts!
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby Tsunami3k » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:34 pm

Wait a sec...I could swear I saw your avatar on the motaku boards....you're staff are you not? Congrat's on a great first con!
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby Kokon Tozai » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:35 am

Hello & welcome Cori! Nice to (virtually) meet you.
ASK-C is a good place to be, I've been hagin' around for about five years & it's been a blast. I esp appreciate your interest in music, that's important to me as well.

Since you live in the Northland I'll point out hat it seems to be growing in anime fans. Several of our members live in that general area, & you might want to check out Chickeypop's note about anime night on Wednesdays.

I look forward to seeing your posts!
To watch Anime is life. All else is merely waiting.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby cori » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:34 am

Heyo! Thanks for the welcomes! :D
I was actually finally pushed to come here by EveryNameTaken after speaking with him at Motaku. Yes, I was head of programming, but if you saw me for more than 5 minutes in one place then you were a lucky soul! Thank you very much for the compliment!

I try not to restrain myself to just one genre of stuff, so my likes always hop all over the board. If it sounds neat, I'll check it out!
As far as GANTZ goes though Tsunami3k, I'm actually not a big fan of the anime but more of the manga. ^^; I did enjoy hearing RIP Slyme at the beginning and the lovely Bonnie Pink at the end though.. Ah how could I have forgotten her in my favs list eek!

Conventions.. hmm. I think one of my big favs has to be Otakon in Baltimore, MD. Anime Expo in CA is OK at least going once in your life. I definitely enjoy the con experience, whether it be a crowd of 200 or 35,000+. There is always something for everyone, and I have no problems sharing if anyone wants to hear more!

Thank you very much for the note Kokon Tozai, I had no idea there were more people here! I'm a big music geek in general, not just Japanese stuff. I grew up on everything from Beethoven to White Zombie :oops:

Thanks for the warm welcome! :D
Cori's White Mage/Summoner Service
Burnin' and Healin' since 1992
cori

Postby EveryNameTaken » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:50 pm

cori wrote: I'm a big music geek in general, not just Japanese stuff. I grew up on everything from Beethoven to White Zombie :oops:

/wave Glad to see you here! And I'll echo what T3K said- you must join us for the Wednesday Anime Night viewings. We're two episodes into Eden of the East, and it's shaping up to be an excellent series. Quick- join us next week, before we get too far into it!

I've noticed that we have a lot of music nerds here. I think we should make a thread to support that here in the near future....
EveryNameTaken
Anime Aficionado

Return to Introductions and Forum News