Sup bros

New Member Introductions, Club News, Newbie Guidelines, etc.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Sup bros

Postby RyuNacho » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:04 pm

Bumped into a few of you at Motaku today, thought I'd check this place out. You guys seem pretty cool. Too lazy to post a lot of info without knowing what exactly you want to know, or what the level of interest is, so if you guys want to know something, feel free to ask. Also...
Wiggle wrote:* ASK-C does not support fansubs

At least not monetarily! awesomeface.jpg
I am not sure how clouds get formed. But the clouds know how to do it, and that is the important thing.
-Some kid
RyuNacho
Anime Fan

Re: Sup bros

Postby Tsunami3k » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:51 pm

RyuNacho wrote:Bumped into a few of you at Motaku today, thought I'd check this place out. You guys seem pretty cool. Too lazy to post a lot of info without knowing what exactly you want to know, or what the level of interest is, so if you guys want to know something, feel free to ask. Also...

It's great that you decided to check us out. It's a pretty informal atmosphere so you'll probably find that we're pretty laid back. I hope you'll eventually conclude, as I have, that there are a lot of pretty cool people here. We do have gatherings but, outside of the one hosted by Chickypop and RickGT, we're pretty random.

I'm definitely curious as to what aspects of fandom you enjoy, what shows float your boat (or don't) and what got you into anime in the first place. Really, the intros are intentionally left pretty open-ended so you can prioritize what you want to say about yourself beyond the fact that your username is really making me hungry ATM.

RyuNacho wrote:
Wiggle wrote:* ASK-C does not support fansubs

At least not monetarily! awesomeface.jpg

Wow, you managed to dig up a pretty old post. I don't think anyone's particularly militant on the issue these days, what with reality being what it is, but I think the general gist was/is for everyone to remain civil with each other when the topic comes up (which never really seems to anymore).
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby RyuNacho » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:39 am

Tsunami3k wrote:I'm definitely curious as to what aspects of fandom you enjoy, what shows float your boat (or don't) and what got you into anime in the first place. Really, the intros are intentionally left pretty open-ended so you can prioritize what you want to say about yourself

1. aspects of fandom you enjoy
I'm just some anime fan. Watch anime, read manga, collect related items, attend cons, check out cosplayers, etc. I'm not really huge into any particular shows or genres, though there are a few I avoid (shonen-ai and yaoi for example).
2. what shows float your boat
Favorite anime would be Seto no Hanayome. A lot of others come close though, like Excel Saga, Azumanga Daioh, Slayers, Jungle wa Itsumo Hale nochi Guu, and FLCL (I love comedy, in case you couldn't tell). From other genres, I also really enjoyed Ga-Rei Zero, Evangelion, and Higurashi, just to name a few examples. Also, for some fans of older, maybe more obscure stuff, Ushio and Tora, Zenki, Urusei Yatsura, and Gunsmith Cats (again, just a small sampling).
3. what got you into anime in the first place
There used to be (they went out of business D:) a video store in my area called Video Library, and they had a huge section of anime. My family didn't know what it was, so we decided to check some out. First anime I watched knowing that it was anime was Maris the Chojo, which we thoroughly enjoyed. Found out soon after that some of my favorite TV shows at the time were also anime (DBZ/Pokemon), and I've been a fan since.
Tsunami3k wrote:your username is really making me hungry ATM.

Me too.
Tsunami3k wrote:Wow, you managed to dig up a pretty old post.

It was in the rules or whatever, and a sticky. It's common sense to read that stuff. :V
I am not sure how clouds get formed. But the clouds know how to do it, and that is the important thing.
-Some kid
RyuNacho
Anime Fan

Postby EveryNameTaken » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:23 pm

Holy crap, he actually reads the rules. I'd say he's a keeper.

Welcome to the boards! Please, come hang with us homey-g.

I've never heard of Maris the Chojo, but now that you wrote about it, I think I'll have to check it out.
EveryNameTaken
Anime Aficionado

Postby Tsunami3k » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:48 pm

EveryNameTaken wrote:Holy crap, he actually reads the rules. I'd say he's a keeper.

lol...Geez, no kidding. I'm not sure if I've even read those. :oops:
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby bakamatt » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:59 pm

Video Library was indeed a notable resource; you were lucky to have access to it.

Welcome.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby Kokon Tozai » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:58 pm

Hello & welcome RN!

Nice introduction, it's good to have you here. Interesting comment about how it's easier to list the anime you don't like. It seems everyone specializes in an anime genre but I think of myself as a generalist too. Self confession: I always am attracted to dark brooding political scifi, that's what I buy, but most often on a Friday night I end watching something light & silly. We all have our contradictions

Hope to see you around! Sounds like you live in the area just right for getting together at T3k's place, or mine.
To watch Anime is life. All else is merely waiting.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby RyuNacho » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:45 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! :D
-Some kid
RyuNacho
Anime Fan

Return to Introductions and Forum News