Konnichiwa!

New Member Introductions, Club News, Newbie Guidelines, etc.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Konnichiwa!

Postby Slink » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:47 am

Oh hai der,

I registered last week and am finally getting around to introducing myself. My name is Leah. My boyfriend and I moved to Kansas City from Los Angeles about a year ago and we don't know many people aside from his work buddies. I was really happy to find ask-c and hope to make some friends here :)

I'm not very picky about the anime that I watch. The latest has been Ga Rei Zero, Bleach, Ouran Host Club, and a really weird gothic story Le Portrait de Petit Cossette. It was pretty emo. I haven't read a lot of manga, just random stuff online.

Hope to hear from some peeps, toodaloo!
Slink

Postby EveryNameTaken » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:14 am

Somebody else appreciated the awesomeness that is Ga Rei Zero. Sweet!

Welcome to the boards! We're very friendly here, so I'm sure more people will be swinging by soon to welcome you. Be sure to check out our weekly anime meet-up.

Bradley
EveryNameTaken
Anime Aficionado

Postby bakamatt » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:51 am

We moved from San Diego to Kansas by way of Colorado, some years back, so I can testify it can be done.

As to surviving Florida, where we are now, that might be a different matter. Anyway, welcome!
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby Tsunami3k » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:51 am

Hi there Leah. Welcome to KC and ASK-C. I'm glad there's someone new who is ready and willing to watch nearly anything since that matches my philosophy exactly (which is distinctly different than saying I *like* nearly anything).
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby Borgon » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:54 am

Ask Tsunami, He'll try anything ha ha.....

Seriously welcome to the boards :) I'm pretty much a lifer in KC and massive consumer of Anime....

Cossette was pretty entertaining, and also parodied to a degree in Excel Saga ha ha.
Life is not a dream, it's a live action Anime
Borgon
Anime Enthusiast

Postby Tsunami3k » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:33 am

Borgon wrote:Cossette was pretty entertaining, and also parodied to a degree in Excel Saga ha ha.

I always knew Excel Saga was prolific at paordying its fellow anime series but I had no idea it managed to poke fun at shows that hadn't even come out yet. That's impressive. :shock:
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby Borgon » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:45 am

Tsunami3k wrote:
Borgon wrote:Cossette was pretty entertaining, and also parodied to a degree in Excel Saga ha ha.

I always knew Excel Saga was prolific at paordying its fellow anime series but I had no idea it managed to poke fun at shows that hadn't even come out yet. That's impressive. :shock:

I assumed the last episode had taken a shot at Cosette since there was a character that resembled Cosette and was even named Cosette assuming I remember correctly, it's been awhile since I watched excel saga.

But in checking you are of course 100% correct, just a weird coincidence or the I don't know when the series was dubbed but perhaps the dub team changed the character name cause of the apparent fit...or I'm getting old and senile....but it's funny cause excel saga was like the second series I ever watched completely and I drew the character comparision when I watched Portrait several months later.
Borgon
Anime Enthusiast

Postby Tsunami3k » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:18 pm

Well, we can go ahead and credit Hyatt with being an early prototype for Karin. :wink:
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby Borgon » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:12 pm

Tsunami3k wrote:Well, we can go ahead and credit Hyatt with being an early prototype for Karin. :wink:

Except karin was so lively and Hyatt so not lively heh heh, actually there is a character that Hyatt reminds me of but I can't think who it is
Borgon
Anime Enthusiast

Postby TectonicMuse » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:18 pm

Heyo. Welcome to K.C!
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado

Return to Introductions and Forum News