TectonicMuse

New Member Introductions, Club News, Newbie Guidelines, etc.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Postby bakamatt » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:54 pm

My information's a little out of date, but I'd say with the demise of Suncoast Video there isn't a good place in KC to buy anime. Those Best Buys that haven't de-shelved the stuff might be the best.

Viz. imported goodies, there used to be a place in Independence called Mo Iikai that was worth the drive. It seems like no one's ever sure if they're still open or not.

Two hours south in Pittsburg is Asylum Anime, an unbelievably good source since it's two hours south in Pittsburg. ASK-Cers occasionally drive down. It's best to check ahead of time, since they often haul the stock to cons.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby TectonicMuse » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:05 pm

Besides anime/manga/Japan,

Well, I'm Trying to learn guitar, but it's slow going, I start trying to practice and learnthings and I end up messing around for an hour and a half. I play alot of video games (though the guitar playing is taking up a good chunk of that time), and I also like to write down my thoughts and random ideas and such.

I can't get my brain to turn off most of the time, so I have a little notebook that I carry around to jot down my ideas. There's an interesting book/anime/videogame storyline type of thing that I've been working on since about 4th gradem and I toy around with ideas within that universe thinking maybe I could turn it into something. I even tried to learn to draw once with that goal in mind (though that didn't turn out too well.)

I love food, and make it a point to find places that serve different things that I could try. Sushi is a big one there as well.

I also like martial arts and collecting weapons, but now this is deteriorating back into the first three catagories you mentioned.

The Short Version:Guitar, writing, eating and musing (hence the name) :)
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado

Postby TectonicMuse » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:08 pm

>bakamatt
wow. so far...
Well I guess you have to pay for it one way or another.
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:45 pm

TectonicMuse wrote:Actually I was Just looking for a good place to buy anime in Kansas City.
Vintage stock and Best Buy only have a limited selection, and I can't help thinking I might be able to find it cheaper somewhere that sold anime as their primary.
I just googled "anime Kc" and you guys were the second choice. I don't really have many freinds who are into anime all that much, and I figured it would be a good place to talk. It turns out I was Right. :D
The Menchi hat is definitely not what I pictured zero :) . What show is it from?

Excel Saga. Menchi is a dog/emergency food supply :lol: and quite the singer :lol: :lol: :wink:
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby TectonicMuse » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:49 pm

Emergency Food Supply?!?! :shock: what?

in any case, it sounds like a fun show -though I really sort of shudder a~wait... singer?
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado

Postby Tsunami3k » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:56 pm

It's a notoriously manic series with *lots* of references to other anime, particularly as parody. It's easy to feel clueless unless you've seen a lot of anime from the era it pokes fun at. Of the several running jokes, Menchi one one of them. My favorite is Miss 'Verse.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby TectonicMuse » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:08 pm

Tsunami3k wrote:It's a notoriously manic series with *lots* of references to other anime, particularly as parody. It's easy to feel clueless unless you've seen a lot of anime from the era it pokes fun at. Of the several running jokes, Menchi one one of them. My favorite is Miss 'Verse.

Ah I see. So maybe it would be good to watch some of the anime from the same era that it references first.
examples?
TectonicMuse
Anime Aficionado

Previous

Return to Introductions and Forum News