Hey! I'm Home!!

New Member Introductions, Club News, Newbie Guidelines, etc.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Hey! I'm Home!!

Postby OtakuMami » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:48 pm

I am so happy to find a group that shares my love of anime and manga! I don't have much to say about myself, I'm quite boring. I have a large family and they keep me quite busy. All of my children share my love of anime and manga, but dad thinks we're a bit off glass. There are so many things that I love about anime and to list them would require I compose a long-winded essay. I can say that when I have a less than joyful day there is always a dvd that is just right to make me smile again. It's great to meet you all and I look forward to attending upcoming events. I'm a pretty decent writer and I am happy to assist anyone that needs my help. I work with social services here in missouri and I love my job, my goal is to teach job readiness classes for anyone who has not worked or worked consistently for more than two years. I admit I am a bit goofy and sort of a nerd, that's just who I am! :oops:
OtakuMami

Postby Aldric » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:13 pm

Welcome to the site, and if you're a bit of a nerd and a little bit boring then you'll fit right in :)

Although I must say someone from a large family that enjoy anime as a whole is a bit of a rarity in my experience, so that distances you from boring quite a bit.

Look forward to see you at some events soon. We should have the yearly anniversary party coming up any time now!
Aldric
Anime Connoisseur

Postby bakamatt » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:18 pm

Welcome, and thanks for posting.

In the tradition of "new member" postings (and so we can psychologically dissect you), what are some of your favorites?
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby EveryNameTaken » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:55 pm

bakamatt wrote:In the tradition of "new member" postings (and so we can psychologically dissect you), what are some of your favorites?

Pick carefully. :lol:

Welcome to the boards, Mami! I agree, it's really cool that you have an entire family to watch anime with. So, I've got some questions:

1. Did the kids get you into anime or was it vice versa?
2. Will you watch any anime with your kids? Has there been any anime that's just "too much" to watch together: maybe Vampire Hunter D, Elfen Lied, or Legend of the Overfiend? "Now kids, this is what happens when a woman falls in love with a tentacled demon from another dimension. What have we learned here today?"
3. Are there any anime you like that your kids don't get, or vice versa?
EveryNameTaken
Anime Aficionado

Re: Hey! I'm Home!!

Postby Tsunami3k » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:26 pm

OtakuMami wrote:I admit I am a bit goofy and sort of a nerd, that's just who I am! :oops:

Ah, thank goodness, someone to pass the mantle on to. I took the task on presuming it would be a round-robin sort of engagement but this whole one-man-band schtick is a real grind. Anyway, glad to see you've found us and welcome to the boards!
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby Kokon Tozai » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:52 am

Hello OtakuMami!

Welcome aboard. I've been hanging around for a bit over four years & find ASK-C a very good place to be.

Just curious... how did you discover this forum?
To watch Anime is life. All else is merely waiting.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby Aldric » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:53 am

Kokon Tozai wrote:Just curious... how did you discover this forum?

We actually own the top page rank on google for "anime kansas city" variations :) Naka-con is second, Bishie needs to get on of their SCO team ;)
Aldric
Anime Connoisseur

Postby Logtar » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:40 am

Or he can talk to me and I can make it happen :) lol

I am not a SEO expert, but I think I have all my links getting here... we could do better :)
Logtar
Anime Enthusiast

Return to Introductions and Forum News