Ello! I am Waffle! Wonderful to meet you!

New Member Introductions, Club News, Newbie Guidelines, etc.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Ello! I am Waffle! Wonderful to meet you!

Postby AwesomeWaffle » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:44 pm

Ello!
I am Anna (more commonly known as Waffle.) and I am new to this group! I'm not so sure what to write here, so I guess I'll just blab a bit. My favourite Animes are The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Fruits Basket. I'm also a big fan of Death Note, Strawberry Panic, Godchild, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Claymore. I have a few others up my sleeve and I'm always on the search for new stuff. I also prefer Manga over Anime, it's much more convenient. As far as Non Anime entertainment goes, I am a music addict. I've yet to be introduced to any great Jrock or Jpop, maybe someone could assist me in not failing at that category? :D I don't actually live in KC, My living pattern circles around Lawrence. I had my first official Cosplay this weekend at Naka Kon. Some people might of seen me, I was Lulu from FFX, the handmade costume. I was also collecting free hugs. If you hugged me I love you!!! Well, I could rattle on about myself for hours if I needed to (I have a large ego) but I'd rather go get some chocolate ice cream and listen to Basshunter... and maybe some Numa Numa. Tata!
~Peace, Love & Pocky
Anna Waffle Taylor
uoY tsuJ tsoL ehT emaG
AwesomeWaffle

Postby Kokon Tozai » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:19 am

It seems appropriate that I am viewing Waffle's note at breakfast time.....

Hello to you to & welcome to the group! That was a nice introduction. And I remember you from the event. I was the guy with "smile you're on yotube" camcorder. I'm sorry I didn't shoot anything of you. Have you found any pics on line of yourself yet? Post links if you do.

Nak-Kon is a wonderful time but just once a year. ASK-C is great foe meet ups & dialogue all the rest of time. Look around the place till you feel yourself at home!

Scott
To watch Anime is life. All else is merely waiting.
Kokon Tozai
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby Tsunami3k » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:16 am

Hi Anna. Thanks for giving us the scoop. So, were you in the cosplay contest? I'm trying to sift through my pics to see if I managed to get a shot of you to post here.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby EveryNameTaken » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:15 pm

Hey Waffle! Glad to see you here!

I might be able to help you with finding more J-Rock. [insufferable music snob]I'm going to have to ask you to denounce "Numa Numa" first though[/insufferable music snob]. Seriously though, what kind of J-rock do you like?

Hopefully you can come round for one of our meetings. The Naka-kon meetup was a bit of a sausage fest. :P
EveryNameTaken
Anime Aficionado

Postby AwesomeWaffle » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:22 am

Kokon- Thank you very much! I shall explore to my heart's desire and get to know people better!

Tsunami- I wasn't in the contest (I got there 15 minutes after registration stopped =(, stupid traffic) But if you took pics over by the crazy "Free Hugs" people you may have gotten me. That's what I did most of the time.

NameTaken- I would be eternally grateful to you if you could help me widen my music knowledge, though denouncing the Numa Numa is somewhat impossible for me. I hope I can find rides to meetings as well!
uoY tsuJ tsoL ehT emaG
AwesomeWaffle

Postby ca_jas » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:00 am

Hiya, Anna! Glad to have a new face on the forums!

I think I may recieved a free hug at the con, there were so many I can't remember whose was whose, but I'll just say thanks anyways. I am an indie rock connoisseur, and I know several J-rock indie bands that are great, but anime music in general is always a great start to look. PM me and I'll get you started on some stuff if you're interested.
ca_jas
Anime Connoisseur

Return to Introductions and Forum News