I get my own thread!

New Member Introductions, Club News, Newbie Guidelines, etc.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Re: I get my own thread!

Postby phoenix » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:27 am

A very belated welcome to you! Are you a Topeka native or transplant?

I must admit I never venture into this forum because I figure it is more posts to the broken thread. Thanks Matt for the work around!

Chevalier D'Eon is a mix of Hellsing and Gankutsuou? Must add it to my Netflix!

Is Chi's Sweet Home similar in little animal cuteness to Tea Dogs? I would love to find more shows to watch with my boys.
phoenix
Le Chevalier D'Anime

Postby Chief » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:18 pm

I'm a transplant. I was born and raised in Wilmington, Delaware and I moved here for college.

Chi's Sweet Home
is more realistic than Tea Dogs but I don't think there's anything objectionable in it. Just some pee jokes which are done tastefully.

The show makes me laugh as I'm currently raising kittens for the first time. I own a midget cat* - she has a very tiny body with a large head and large eyes. She gives me many of the same facial expressions as Chi. :D

*the technical term for her would be: Blue-Pointed Pituitary Dwarf Traditional Siamese (whew!)
Chief
Anime Aficionado

Re: I get my own thread!

Postby Tsunami3k » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:36 am

phoenix wrote:Chevalier D'Eon is a mix of Hellsing and Gankutsuou? Must add it to my Netflix!

You'll have to let me know if that's an apt description. It admittedly it is lacking in an ultra powerful, over the top character like Alucard or the extreme visuals of Gankutsuou but it is a beautifully rendered supernatural tale nonetheless. Toss in a dash of Read or Die and Utena for good measure and it's a show that will appeal to nearly everyone on some level without every appearing to bey trying to do so. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby Chief » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:00 am

Actually, the story it reminded me the most of was The Scarlet Pimpernel.

Now if someone would turn that into an anime, I'd explode with joy.
Chief
Anime Aficionado

Previous

Return to Introductions and Forum News