While I don't actially LIVE in KC...

New Member Introductions, Club News, Newbie Guidelines, etc.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

While I don't actially LIVE in KC...

Postby Hana » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:24 pm

I'm hoping to move up there sometime this year.

*waves* Hi, I'm Hana, otherwise known as Kae, and I'm going to be 25 in March. I'm from Cajun country down in south Louisiana, and have recently moved back here to the swampland.

My bestest friends in the whole wide world live up there, though, so...You know what they say, "Home is where the heart is."

As of right now, I'm going to be making semi-frequent visits up there, and I've heard Bishie Serge talk about you guys a lot, so I figured that at least one of my visits sometime will coincide with a meeting, and I'll get to go. If not, well, when I move up there, you won't be able to get rid of me. ^_~

I'm a bit of a conundrum when it comes to anime and manga. I absolutely looooove romance, but I'm also a mecha and shounen freak. Some of my favorite anime titles include Shoujou Kakumei Utena, Sokyuu no Fafner, Sousei no Aquarion, any Gundam (except Wing), Code Geass: Lelouche of the Rebellion, the Full Metal Panic series, and Ouran Koukou Host Club. My favorite manga of all time is Air Gear, followed closely by Tenjo Tenge. I used to be a big Bleach fan, until the filler killed it for me, which is the same thing that happened with Naruto (though I still keep up with the plot via being spoiled and wikipedia), and one of these days I'm going to get back onto the D.Gray-man bandwagon (Yay, Kanda!).

For the most part, I abhor dubs, and I'm reallllllllllly picky about my manga. I prefer fan translations of most things, because of the way NA companies treat a lot of manga. Yeah, I'm one of those snooty, uppity fans. ^_~

I'm also a fan of non-animated japanese shows and suchlike, my big favorites of that being Akihabara@DEEP and Garo. My favorite japanese live action movies are Sanctuary (based on the manga) and Casshern. Oh, and Godzilla: Final Wars, even though it's the ONLY kaiju movie that I really like.

I'm kind of a stickler on japanese pronunciation, and it's kind of an automatic thing for me to correct people and give mini-lessons, so I apologize in advance. It's not that I'm trying to be overbearing, it's just that I think if you're going to say a word in another language, you should respect that language. I'm the same way with French.

I count myself as a pretty accomplished seamstress, and I LOVE to cosplay, even though money woes have kept me from doing it as much as I would like. Don't ask me for critique, though, because I'm a stickler for detail, and I'm likely to get annoying really fast if I start pointing out inaccuracies. *sweatdrop*

Umm....what else is there to say? I'm a little insomniatic right now, so forgive my airheaded babbling, please.

Oh, yes! I've got my plane ticket to get up there for Naka-kon, so if any of you will be there, I look forward to meeting you! Look for the short girl with pink hair who has a doll on her shoulder (A Shall from D.O.D, to be exact. ^_~) and that will be me!
Next visit to KC: Jan 29-Feb 22
Hana

Postby Bishie Serge » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:19 pm

Whoa, that's a long post, Kae. I'll try to be on top of things when you come up and if there is a meetup, I'll drag you along.
Stuff I'm into at the moment: Geeknights, Anime World Order, Nerdy Show ,and baking.
Bishie Serge
Anime Aficionado

Postby Hana » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:19 pm

Yay! I'd like that. ^_^ Maybe we can drag Greg and Paul, too. They need more socialization, kek!
Hana

Postby Hana » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:49 am

Okay, so...Title will be defunct in early march.

We're moving up to KC! Yay! That means I'll hopefully be attending events, though my new daughter may preclude such sometimes.
Hana

Postby Tsunami3k » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:47 pm

Welcome to the forums Kae/Hana. It's good to hear you'll be able to visit sometimes. BishieSerge is a good guy so any friend of his will fit in well with this crowd. It's great that you'll be able to make it to Naka-Kon. I'm sure we'll all bump into one another there at some point or another so I'll see you then.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby bakamatt » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:03 am

Speaking as someone who moved from the KC area to the South, albeit a different part of it than yours, I'd say you're getting the better end of the deal. There are some really neat aspects of southwest Florida, but I can't say I really like it here in Cape Coral/Fort Myers.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby Hana » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:11 pm

@ Tsunami
I'm sure we'll bump into each other. I'll probably be talking to everyone I see, so I'm bound to find you at some point, hee hee.

@ bakamatt
I totally agree with you. All my visits to KC have been wonderful, and long enough to make me feel like I was living there. The summers aren't too different from down here, which I find odd, because it's so much more northerly, but I can suffer through the heat. That's what man invented air conditioning for, heh.

And I'll be living in Hyde Park, so I'll be pretty central to a LOT of stuff, and very close to that lovely Vietnamese restaurant in the farmer's market. :3
Hana

Return to Introductions and Forum News