Anything broken?

New Member Introductions, Club News, Newbie Guidelines, etc.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Postby Tsunami3k » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:55 pm

Yeah, that's been a problem for a really long time (like since I posted my introduction ages ago). Someone else mentioned it in the other "problems" thread.

Its cheezy but hopefully you'll find it helpful until it gets fixed: my workaround is to click on the last page and let it do it's "no messages" thing and replace the "start=##" in the url to "start=500" and refresh this should put you at or near the last post.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby Zared » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:12 pm

Thanks for the work around! I'll give it a try. :)
"I'm pondering the immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"

-Chris Knight, "Real Genius"
Zared
Anime Connoisseur

Postby saratune » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:39 am

I discovered another way to get around the "no message" thing on the welcome thread. You can choose whether you see the oldest or the newest message first. Just flip it around so it shows newest to oldest.

:)
saratune
Anime Fan

Postby Lensman » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:49 am

I'm not seeing that option. How do you "flip it around" to show the newest messages first?
Anime film fest: "Bambi Eyes & Robot Dreams", July 26, 2008
http://www.vkff.org/
Lensman

Postby Tsunami3k » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:05 am

View page one of the tread and scroll all the way to the bottom. You should see "Display posts from previous:" next to two combo boxes centered on the screen. The latter combo box probably says "Oldest First". Pick "Newest First" and give it a go.

I'm thinking perhaps we should just lock that thread and let everybody create their own introduction thread. Having such a huge monolithic thread like that has become counterproductive (even discounting its broken state).
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Introductions and Forum News