Greetings!

New Member Introductions, Club News, Newbie Guidelines, etc.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Greetings!

Postby Alxephon » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:58 am

Hello and hi!

I have been an anime fan ever since toonami/cartoon network started showing dbz and sailor moon. My range of favorite animes is too vast to list them all. It'd be easier for me to just list out manga and korean graphic novels. Such as Gantz, The Lucifier and the Biscuit Hammer, Dorohedoro, and Tower of God. I find it more efficient to read graphic novels rather than watch the anime themselves. Of course each have their pros.

I moved to Kansas City (northland) back on September 2015. Enjoying all that there is to see and do so far! Only thing I've lacked so far is making new friends in the area. Aiming to change that! My girlfriend is also into a lot of anime, rpgs, and yaoi. She is also trying to make friends in the area. Getting her to join the forum is an unknown variable. Haha.

Last bit, I'm part of a traveling cosplay cafe. So far we've only found one con that'll accept us or has a venue that allows such.

Thanks for allowing me to join!
Alxephon

Re: Greetings!

Postby bakamatt » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:30 pm

Thanks for posting!

The next event you're likely to find many of us at will probably be the Japan Festival at JCCC on October 1 - there's a thread in the "Events" folder. (Unless someone's going to the live Kenshin screenings at the Alamo Drafthouse next Monday and Wednesday.)

I was really interested in Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer for maybe the first two releases, volumes 1-2 and 3-4. But eventually I got impatient with the way the cast was growing and stealing screen time from Asahina. Certainly, there are franchises where I prefer the anime, or the manga, or are okay with both.

I can't say I know what a "traveling cosplay cafe" is.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby Alxephon » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:57 pm

We're aiming to attend the festival. I hear it's something not to be missed. Especially with all the food vendors.

The best I can say is the series sticks closely to Amamiya. It is what it is I guess.

Ifor the traveling cosplay cafe comment, we try to go to conventions and hold a themed cosplay cafe panel. Food and all. Our members will cosplay and the menu will try to reflect that theme.
Alxephon

Postby Tsunami3k » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:13 pm

Cheers and welcome Alexphon. Naka-Kon has an actual cosplay cafe so I suspect they'd be open to the idea of a cosplay cafe panel should you submit it as a panel. I don't know much about Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer other than the name alone has had me compelled to check it out at some point. The Japanese festival is definitely a priority to attend, particularly if you haven't been before. To be honest, the food is a dice roll and has been for some years now. Probably worth partaking on occasion just for the experience but I plan to get an early bento prep thing going this year for those of us who want to mix it up a little.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby Alxephon » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:43 pm

Tsunami3k wrote:Cheers and welcome Alexphon. Naka-Kon has an actual cosplay cafe so I suspect they'd be open to the idea of a cosplay cafe panel should you submit it as a panel. I don't know much about Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer other than the name alone has had me compelled to check it out at some point. The Japanese festival is definitely a priority to attend, particularly if you haven't been before. To be honest, the food is a dice roll and has been for some years now. Probably worth partaking on occasion just for the experience but I plan to get an early bento prep thing going this year for those of us who want to mix it up a little.

Thank you. I have already asked them actually. They felt with two inhouse cafes that it wouldn't work. Quite a few cons have turned us away because they have their owns maid/cosplay cafes that are con staff. That or their venue doesn't allow outside food. Not much one can do but be respectful about it. At the moment I'm waiting for one final confirmation and we'll be attending another con in october.

I'd recommend it. When thinga unravel, you understand how insane things are and just overall entertaining.

I've thought about asking their event as well. The festival I mean. I haven't gotten around to the cottage law in their area just yet.

Early bento as in you'll have a food stand?
Alxephon

Postby Tsunami3k » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:36 pm

Alxephon wrote:
Tsunami3k wrote:Early bento as in you'll have a food stand?

Nah, much simpler than that. I live roughly across the street from the festival so some use my place as a launching point (not that there's not plenty of parking space at the college) so I figured whoever wanted to could roll their own bento lunch at my place before setting off for the festival.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Return to Introductions and Forum News