Mike here

New Member Introductions, Club News, Newbie Guidelines, etc.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Mike here

Postby get_mik » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:00 am

Hello everyone, my name is Mike Tinsley.

I have been going to anime conventions since 2007, with Naka-kon being the first one I have attended. I have been hosting panels at conventions, mainly ones near KC, since 2009.

I have a bachelors degree in graphic communications with an emphasis in web interactive media. I enjoy taking photos of cosplayers and other awesome people at conventions. I have helped out Asylum Anime at a variety of conventions since 2010..

I am hosting my own anime convention called Sausomecon. Links are provided in my signature down below.

I was the event coordinator at Pittsburg State University Anime Club for many years.

I'm basically an open book. Feel free to ask and I will answer, within reason of course.

Mike
get_mik

Re: Mike here

Postby Tsunami3k » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:50 am

Yo, Mr. T, glad you found us. I've been hearing a lot of buzz about Sausomecon so you must be marketing it well. So is the introduction of Sausomecon at roughly the same time and place as Motaku while it's on "hiatus" and unofficial baton pass or will the two cons be battling each other for attendees in the coming years? Curt seems pretty stoked about it so I'm hoping it'll be a cool con. Are you spinning it up as a general "nerd culture" con (the apparent trend these days) including some anime or will it be an anime con that includes some "nerd culture" (perhaps a confusing term but generally all things comics, fantasy, D&D, gaming [board/console/PC], etc.)?

So you're an open book eh? All right then....how many pages are you and what page are you currently turned to?
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Re: Mike here

Postby get_mik » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:42 am

Tsunami3k wrote:Yo, Mr. T, glad you found us. I've been hearing a lot of buzz about Sausomecon so you must be marketing it well. So is the introduction of Sausomecon at roughly the same time and place as Motaku while it's on "hiatus" and unofficial baton pass or will the two cons be battling each other for attendees in the coming years? Curt seems pretty stoked about it so I'm hoping it'll be a cool con. Are you spinning it up as a general "nerd culture" con (the apparent trend these days) including some anime or will it be an anime con that includes some "nerd culture" (perhaps a confusing term but generally all things comics, fantasy, D&D, gaming [board/console/PC], etc.)?

So you're an open book eh? All right then....how many pages are you and what page are you currently turned to?

Currently, I think I would be on chapter 13 or so, page 298 or so. 8)

Hopefully out of a book that has at least 1000+ pages...

Mike
get_mik

Return to Introductions and Forum News